How to Visit Corsica in 2, 3, 4 or 5 Days? – The Perfect Tour
You’re planning to visit Corsica during your next trip?
Spending a few days in Corsica will allow you to enjoy stunning landscapes, do amazing hikes or simply enjoy the beautiful beaches and coves located all around the island.
In this article, I will give you all the information you need to prepare your 2, 3, 4 or 5 days trip to Corsica.
You will see, with all my tips, you will be able to organize the perfect itinerary for a short stay in Corsica according to your port or airport of arrival very easily!
To plan your trip, you simply need to:
1. Choose the itinerary corresponding to the duration of your stay
2. Read the summaries and click on the links to read my detailed articles. In these guides, you will find the list of the best things to do for each cities as well as itineraries to plan your days
3. Book your accommodations easily with my selection of the best hotels in each cities depending on your budget!
So, what are the best things to do during your 2, 3, 4 or 5 days itinerary in Corsica?
- How to Visit Corsica in 2, 3, 4 or 5 Days? – The Perfect Tour
- 2 days week-end in Corsica
- 3 days in Corsica
- 4 days in Corsica
- 5 days in Corsica
- Rent a car in Corsica
- 2, 3, 4 or 5 days Corsica Tours
- Flights and ferries prices for your 2, 3, 4 or 5 days itinerary in Corsica
- You’re traveling to Corsica? These articles will help you !
You’ll have 2 options to go to Corsica:
- By ferry boat
- By plane
As you can imagine, the plane is often the best choice if you’re staying in Corsica for a few days only!
In any case, you’ll have to start your itinerary in Corsica in one of these 6 cities:
- Bastia, the largest city North-East of Corsica – Port and airport
- Ajaccio, in the South-West – Port and airport
- Figari, located in the South, between Porto-Vecchio and Bonifacio – Airport only
- Ile Rousse, near Calvi – Port only
- Calvi – Airport only
- Porto Vecchio – Port, with only a few boats going there.
Here are the best itineraries for a short stay in Corsica, according to your city of arrival.
2 days week-end in Corsica
If you’re staying in Corsica for a weekend, you should stay close to your arrival city. It’s the best way to make the most of your 2 days in Corsica without spending too much time driving!
So, which part of Corsica are you going to discover? You’ll obviously choose the city that interests you most, but don’t forget to check the flights and boats prices to each destination, as they can vary a lot!
Here are the best things to do in each of these cities:
2 days in Bastia and its surroundings
On your first day in Bastia, you can visit:
- St. Nicholas Square, the city’s main square
- Napoleon Street and its oratories
- The market to buy the best local products!
- The church of St. John the Baptist and its 2 bell towers
- The Old Port
- The Romieu gardens
- The citadel of Bastia
- Bastia History Museum
- Bastia’s best beaches
For your 2nd day, you should explore the city’s surroundings. You’ll have the choice between:
- Do a road-trip in Cap Corse, North of Bastia
- Discover the perched villages located around Bastia. There are beautiful hikes starting from each village.
- Spend a relaxing day in the Agriates desert to discover its 2 sublime beaches: Saleccia and Lotu.
You can also opt for a guided 4WD excursion to Cap Corse and the Agriates desert from Bastia. It’s the perfect solution if you don’t want to rent a car for your weekend in Corsica, as everything is included in this tour!
Click the button below to book this tour:
You’ll find more details about the best places to visit in Bastia and its surroundings in my article: The 17 best things to do in Bastia. In this guide, I also give you more information about the best accommodations in the city.
2 days in Ajaccio
If you’re staying in Ajaccio for 2 days, you can discover:
- The Fesch Museum, famous for its collection of Italian paintings
- The Imperial Chapel
- Foch Square and its typical Market
- The National Museum of the Bonaparte House, where Napoleon was born
- The Ajaccio Cathedral and its colorful facade
- General de Gaulle Square
- The Sanguinaires islands: you can choose between a boat trip during the day, or at sunset for a more romantic outing
- The most beautiful beaches around Ajaccio.
You can also opt for:
2 days in Bonifacio or Porto-Vecchio
If you plan to arrive at Figari airport for your 2-day itinerary in Corsica, you can choose to visit Bonifacio or Porto-Vecchio. These 2 cities are located only 20 km from the airport.
Bonifacio’s must-see attractions are:
- The citadel or upper city, to visit the Fortress of the Standard, and discover the King of Aragon’s Staircase.
- The Campu Rumanilu path, if you want to take magnificent pictures of the Citadel and the cliffs!
- The Pertusatu Lighthouse and Saint-Antoine Beach.
- Petit Sperone Beach, ranked among Corsica’s best beaches
- The Lavezzi Islands if you’re looking for heavenly coves with turquoise waters.
You can find more details about the best places to visit in Bonifacio in my article: The 20 best things to do in Bonifacio. In this guide, I give you my itineraries to visit Bonifacio in 2 days, and also my selection of the best accommodations in the city!
You can also opt for a 2-day stay in Porto-Vecchio. There, you just have to relax at the magnificent beaches, often ranked among Corsica’s most beautiful:
- Rondinara Beach
- Santa Giuilia Beach
- Palombaggia Beach
- Tamaricciu Beach
And if you want to take a dip in fresh water, how about going to the Cavu Valley and its amazing natural swimming pools?
2 days in Calvi
You’re staying in Calvi for a weekend? Here are the city’s must-see attractions:
- The citadel, with its beautiful views over the city and the sea
- The old town and its many typical shops
- The port, the perfect place to have a lunch on a terrace while admiring the boats!
- Calvi beach, a long white sand beach with turquoise waters
- A boat trip to Scandola or the Revellata peninsula
- A walk in the forest of Bonifatu to swim in the river
- A road-trip to discover the perched villages of Balagne.
If you want more details about the best places to visit in Calvi, have a look at my article: The 15 best things to do in Calvi.
3 days in Corsica
You’re planning a 3-days itinerary in Corsica? Well, just like for a weekend, you should choose a city and visit its surroundings. You’ll have the choice between, Bastia, Ajaccio, Bonifacio, Porto-Vecchio or Calvi!
Visit Bastia and its surroundings in 3 days
If you’re staying in Bastia for 3 days, you should discover the city during your 1st day. Have a look at my article if you want more details: The definitive guide to visit Bastia.
On the second day, drive to Saint-Florent and take the shuttle boat to reach the Agriates Desert. There, you’ll enjoy the 2 sublime beaches of Saleccia and Lotu. If you don’t have a car, you can also opt for a guided day trip from Bastia.
On your third day, you can choose between:
All these places are among the best things to do during your 3 days itinerary in Northern Corsica!
Don’t forget to have a look at the best places to visit in Bastia in my article: The 17 best things to do in Bastia.
Visit the surroundings of Ajaccio in 3 days
Here are my recommendations for a 3-day stay in Ajaccio:
- 1 day in Ajaccio: take a stroll in the city in the morning, and discover the Sanguinaires Island during the afternoon. You can opt for a boat-trip to get there, or drive for 25 minutes to reach the Parata Peninsula. There, you’ll admire the best views over the islands!
- 1 day to do boat trip in Scandola Nature Reserve, the Calanques de Piana and Girolata. You’ll discover magnificent natural landscapes in these UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- 1 day for a mini-cruise to Bonifacio. You’ll admire the city and its cliffs from the sea, and have 4 hours of free time to walk around the city.
Visit Bonifacio or Porto-Vecchio in 3 days
You want to visit Bonifacio and its surroundings in 3 days? Here is the best itinerary:
- 1 day to visit the city of Bonifacio: walk in the citadel, discover the Fortress of the Standard, the churches, King of Aragon’s Staircase and the marine cemetery. Then, take a stroll outside the city, on the Campu Rumanilu path, to enjoy beautiful views of Bonifacio and its cliffs!
- 1 day on the Lavezzi Islands, accessible in only 30 minutes by boat from the port of Bonifacio. Don’t forget your swimsuit, as you’ll discover amazing crystal clear waters.
- 1 day to enjoy 2 of Bonifacio’s best beaches: the Petit and Grand Sperone. There, you can also enjoy a wide range of nautical activities, such as kayaking or windsurfing.
You’ll find more details to plan your trip to Bonifacio in my article: The 20 best things to do in Bonifacio.
And if you’re doing a 3-day road trip to Porto-Vecchio, you can opt for:
- 1 day to discover one of the most beautiful beaches located nearby: Rondinara, Santa Giulia or Palombaggia.
- 1 day in the Cavu valley. There, you can take a dip in beautiful natural swimming pools, walk in the forest and enjoy some tree-climbing in an adventure park!
- 1 day to do a boat trip to the Lavezzi islands, starting from the marina of Porto-Vecchio.
If you want to learn more about the best places to visit in Porto-Vecchio, have a look at my article: Porto-Vecchio: the definitive guide.
Visit Calvi and its surroundings in 3 days
If you’re spending 3 days in Calvi, you can discover the city on foot during your first morning. Here are the best things to do in Calvi.
In the afternoon, you can choose between a relaxing stay at Calvi Beach or a boat trip:
- In Scandola Nature Reserve, to discover amazing preserved landscapes!
- To the Revellata Peninsula for a romantic cruise at sunset.
On your second day, you can drive to discover the perched villages of Balagne, and then go to the forest of Bonifatu. It’s the perfect place to hike and enjoy a refreshing swim in a river!
For your third day, walk to the Revellata Peninsula. There, you can swim at Alga beach or in one of the many small coves. Then, hike up to Notre-Dame-de-la-Serra to admire the most beautiful view over Calvi bay.
You can have more information about Calvi’s must-see attractions in my article: The definitive guide to visit Calvi.
4 days in Corsica
If you’re staying in Corsica for 4 days, you’ll have the choice between discovering Bastia, Ajaccio, Bonifacio/Porto-Vecchio or Calvi.
4 days in Bastia
Here are my recommendations for a 4-day trip to Corsica:
- 1 day in Bastia: visit the city and discover Saint-Nicholas Square, Napoleon Street, the Old Port, the Citadel, and the Governors Palace. There are many great places to visit in Bastia! End your day at one of the several beaches located close to the city.
- 1 day in the Agriates Desert, to enjoy its 2 magnificent sandy beaches with turquoise waters. You’ll need to drive for 40 minutes to reach the small seaside village of Saint-Florent, and then take the shuttle boat to the Agriates desert.
- 1 or 2 days around Cap Corse: there, you’ll discover the customs officers’ path, beautiful typical villages, the Patrimonio wines or the “Route des Sens Authentiques”. There are many great places to visit in Cap Corse! You can walk along the east coast on your 1st day, and discover the West Coast and its villages during your 2nd day.
If you want to spend only one day in Cap Corse, how about visiting Corte during the fourth day of your itinerary in Northern Corsica? From there, you can go to the Restonica Gorge and enjoy one of the island’s most beautiful hikes!
4 days in Ajaccio and its surroundings
On your first day, you’ll visit Corsica’s capital city, Ajaccio.
Start your visit at the Fesch Museum, and walk up to Foch Square to discover its typical market.
Then, go to the Ajaccio Cathedral and continue your stroll along the Cours Grandval and the foreigner’s district to finally reach Place d’Austerlitz. During the afternoon, go to Parata Point to admire the Sanguinaires Islands.
Don’t forget to book your boat trip in advance, as it’s one of the most popular tourist attractions in Corsica:
How about relaxing a little at the beach on your third day?
Drive South of Ajaccio, towards Porticcio, to discover the beaches of Agosta, Ruppione and Mare e Sole. You can enjoy many nautical activities such as paddle, kayaking and pedal boats on all these beaches.
On your last day, opt for another cruise to discover the cliffs of Bonifacio. You’ll also have 4 hours of free time to visit Bonifacio’s citadel and take beautiful pictures!
Click the button below to book your cruise to Bonifacio:
You can find more information to organize your 4-days itinerary in Corsica and Ajaccio in my article: Visit Ajaccio: the definitive guide.
4 days in Bonifacio/Porto-Vecchio
If you’re planning a 4-day itinerary in Bonifacio and its surroundings:
- 1 day to visit the city of Bonifacio: take a stroll in the upper town to discover its fortified walls, churches and beautiful views of the sea. Visit the King of Aragon’s staircase and the Fortress of the Standard, and walk towards Col Saint-Roch to admire a magnificent panorama on Bonifacio’s white cliffs!
- 1 day to do a mini-cruise to the Lavezzi Islands
- 1 day relaxing at the Petit and Grand Sperone beaches. There, you can also enjoy a wide range of nautical activities such as kayaking and windsurfing.
- 1 day to discover the beaches towards Porto-Vecchio. The beaches of Palombaggia, Rondinara or Santa Giulia are among Corsica’s most beautiful!
If you want to plan your trip to Bonifacio and its surroundings, have a look at my article: The 20 best things to do in Bonifacio.
If you’re staying in Porto-Vecchio for 4 days:
- 1 day swimming and relaxing at the beaches of Palombaggia, Santa Giulia or Rondinara.
- 1 day in the Cavu valley, renowned for its beautiful natural swimming pools and small waterfalls, It’s the ideal place for a family outing in Corsica. There is also an adventure park if you want to do some tree climbing!
- 1 day to do a boat trip to the Lavezzi Islands
- 1 day to visit Bonifacio, one of the most beautiful cities in Southern Corsica!
You’ll find more information about Porto-Vecchio in my detailed article: The definitive guide to visit Porto-Vecchio.
4 days in Calvi
- 1 day in the city of Calvi: take a stroll in the citadel, discover the old town’s paved streets and the port. In the afternoon, you can relax at Calvi beach or opt for a boat trip to Scandola Nature Reserve.
- 1 day to visit the perched villages of Balagne and spend the afternoon in the forest of Bonifatu.
- 1 day to discover the Revellata Peninsula. Walk to the lighthouse, take a refreshing dip in one of the coves and end your day at Notre-Dame-de-la-Serra, to enjoy a breathtaking view of Calvi bay!
- 1 day to do a guided 4WD excursion in the Agriates desert, mostly renowned for its beautiful beaches.
Do you want to learn more about Calvi’s must see attractions? Have a look at my article: The definitive guide to visit Calvi.
5 days in Corsica
Here are the best itineraries for a 5-days road trip in Corsica.
5 days in Corsica starting from Bastia
- 1 day to visit Bastia: Take a stroll in the Terra Vecchia and Terra Nova districts to discover the citadel, the Bastia History Museum and the Church of Saint John the Baptist. End your day at one of the beaches located nearby!
- 2 days in Cap Corse: On your 1st day, go on the East Coast to hike on the customs officers’ path from Macinaggio to Barcaggio. The next day, drive along the West Coast to discover its typical village, and spend the night in Saint-Florent.
- 1 day in the Agriates Desert: Spend a relaxing day swimming and sunbathing at the 2 splendid beaches of Saleccia and Lotu, accessible in only 30 minutes by boat from the port of Saint-Florent.
- 1 day to discover Corte: you can hike in the Restonica Gorge, or opt for a visit of Corte‘s old town. There, you’ll discover the Citadel, the Musée de la Corse and the Cours Paoli.
If you want to learn more about the best places to visit in Bastia, have a look at my article: The definitive guide to visit Bastia.
You can have more information about Corte’s must-see attractions in other guide: The 20 best things to do in Corte.
5 days in Corsica starting from Ajaccio
- 1 day to visit Ajaccio: walk around the old town in the morning, and discover the Sanguinaires Islands in the afternoon. You can get there by boat, or opt for a walk in the Parata peninsula to admire the islands from the coast.
- 1 day to do a boat trip to Scandola Nature Reserve and the Calanques de Piana, listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- 1 day relaxing at one of the beaches near Porticcio, south of Ajaccio. You can choose between Agosta, Ruppione or Mare e Sole beach. You can also enjoy a wide range of nautical activities, such as kayaking or stand up paddle.
- 1 day to discover Bonifacio. You should opt for a mini-cruise to get there (as it takes too long by car). You’ll have 4 hours of free time to visit the Citadel.
- On the last day, you can spend a relaxing day at the beach, or opt for a thrilling outdoor activity, such as Canyoning.
Have a look at my detailed article about Ajaccio to discover the city’s best points of interest: Visit Ajaccio.
5 days in Corsica starting from Bonifacio or Porto-Vecchio
- 1 day to visit Bonifacio. Visit the upper town and discover the Fortress of the Standard and the King of Aragon’s Staircase. Then, walk along the Campu Rumanilu trail and discover breathtaking views of the cliffs and perched houses.
- 1 day on the Lavezzi Islands, to relax at the beach all-day long. It’s one of the best places to visit during your trip to Southern Corsica!
- 1 day at the beaches of Petit or Grand Sperone. There, you can rent kayaks or go windsurfing.
- One day towards Porto-Vecchio to discover the best beaches located nearby. The beaches of Rondinara, Palombaggia and Santa Giulia are clearly among the most beautiful in Corsica!
- 1 day to walk on one of the coastal paths towards Bonifacio. You’ll discover preserved landscapes and sublime beaches!
You can learn more about the best things to do in Bonifacio in my article: The definitive guide to visit Bonifacio.
- 1 day to relax at Porto-Vecchio’s best beaches.
- 1 day to visit Bonifacio, only a 40-minute drive away.
- 1 day to discover the Lavezzi Islands: you can take the shuttle boat or opt for a full-day cruise.
- 1 day in the Cavu valley to enjoy a refreshing dip in sublime natural swimming pools!
- 1 day in the Ospedale. There, you can hike to the Piscia di Gallu and discover Corsica’s largest waterfall.
Do you want to learn more about the best places to visit in Porto-Vecchio? Have a look at my article: The 15 best things to do in Porto-Vecchio.
5 days in Corsica starting from Calvi
Here are my recommendations for a 5-day itinerary in Corsica starting from Calvi:
- 1 day to visit the city: you’ll discover the Citadel, the old town and the port. In the afternoon, you can relax at Calvi beach or opt for a boat trip.
- 1 day to do a road-trip and visit the perched villages of Balagne. In the afternoon, how about going to the forest of Bonifatu to take a dip in beautiful natural swiming pools?
- 1 day at the Revellata peninsula. There, you can walk to the lighthouse and swim in beautiful coves and beaches.
- 1 day in the Agriates Desert. Take the shuttle boat from Saint-Florent or opt for a guided excursion.
- 1 day in the Fango Valley to swim in the river or rent canoes to discover the Fango Delta.
If you want more information about Calvi’s must-see attractions, you can read my detailed article: Visit Calvi: the definitive guide.
Rent a car in Corsica
You’ll need a car to visit Corsica in 2, 3, 4 or 5 days.
You can either take the ferry with your own car, or rent one when you arrive on the island.
To get the best prices for your car rental in Corsica, you should use Rentalcars.com website. I use this very convenient website for all my car rentals, whether I’m in Greece, Sardinia, Thailand or even Canada!
This website is the best for 4 reasons:
- On Rentalcars.com, you can easily compare prices between all the car rental companies located at the airport or at the port. Choose the cheapest, or the one with the best customers reviews!
- You can opt for the “Full Protection Insurance” to get fully refunded in case of accident or theft. It’s the perfect way to travel to Corsica with peace of mind (They have already refunded me more than 1200 euros!)
- You’ll get the best prices: if you find a cheaper car rental elsewhere, Rentalcars will refund you the difference.
- You’ll get free cancellation or modification, up to 24 hours before your departure.
Click the button below to compare the rental cars prices in Corsica:
2, 3, 4 or 5 days Corsica Tours
On Voyagetips.com, I give you all my best tips and itineraries to plan your trip to Corsica by yourself. (Click here to read all my articles about Corsica)
However, if you prefer to book a tour to Corsica with a travel agency, I recommend you to check the 10 best Corsica tours by clicking the button below:
Flights and ferries prices for your 2, 3, 4 or 5 days itinerary in Corsica
If you choose to fly to Corsica, you should book your plane tickets as early as possible, as the flight prices to Corsica can vary a lot throughout the year!
Check the rates and schedules, with our flight comparator, in partnership with Skyscanner. It’s a great way to get the best flight prices!
You can also take the ferry boat from Nice, Marseille, Toulon, Sardinia and Italy.
If you’re staying in Corsica for a few days only, you should take the plane to spend more time on the island.
If you have any questions to plan your short trip to Corsica, don’t hesitate to ask me in the comments section below
🚗 Rent a car
🗽 Book entrance tickets and guided visits
🏄 Book your sports activities
🚤 Book your rental boat
🌍 Take a travel insurance
🙎 Book a tour
🚅 Book your train tickets
✈️ Book your flight
You’re traveling to Corsica? These articles will help you !
Discover all my articles about Corsica: All my articles to help you plan your trip to Corsica are listed there.
- The 35 Best Things to do in Corsica – The Ultimate Bucket list!
- Itinerary: 1 week in Corsica – The best Itinerary to visit Southern Corsica
- Itinerary: 6, 7 or 8 days in Corsica – The definitive guide to visit Northern Corsica in 1 week
- Itinerary: 10 days in Corsica – The best 10 days itinerary in Corsica
- Itinerary: 2 weeks in Corsica – How to visit Corsica in 14, 15 or 16 days.
- Road trip in Corsica – The best itineraries for 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 15 days
- Ajaccio: The 20 Best things to do
- Bastia: Top 17 places to visit
- Bonifacio: Top 20 things to do and see
- Calvi: The 15 things you must do!
- Cap Corse: The 15 must-see attractions
- Corte: 20 things to do and see
- Porto: Top 12 things to discover
- Porto-Vecchio: Top 17 things to do and must-see attractions
- Saint-Florent: The 12 best things to do
- Agriates Desert – The definitive guide
- Calanques de Piana – How to visit the Calanques de Piana by boat, by car and on foot
- Lavezzi Islands – Oganize your trip to the Lavezzi island easily!
- Scandola Nature Reserve – All my best tips to visit Scandola
- The 23 Best Beaches in Corsica: The definitive guide to the most beautiful beaches!
You’re using Pinterest? Here is the picture to pin!