Dubai fountain show: how to make the most of it?
You’re planning a trip to Dubai and want to make the most of your visit to the Dubai Fountains (also called Dubai fountain show)?
You’re at the right place!
Located outside the Dubail Mall, at the base of the iconic Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, the Dubai Fountains are the world’s largest choreographed fountain system. (Well, they were, until another fountain in Dubai stole the first spot: The Palm Jumeirah Fountain.)
Nevertheless, the least I can say is that and they put on a spectacular show every day!
The fountains dance to a variety of music, from classical to contemporary, and the water jets can reach up to 150m high.
How to get to the Dubai Fountain show?
To watch the Dubai Fountain show, you should first head to the Dubai Mall, located right next to the Burj Khalifa.
To get there, simply take the metro and get off at Burj Khalifa/ Dubai Mall metro station.
Once in the mall, you can walk out on the waterfront promenade in front of Dubai Mall and get a front row seat to the fountain show.
To get a better view, you can also see the fountain show from the terrace of the Apple store located on the first floor of the Dubai Mall.
At what time is the Dubai Fountain show?
The shows take place every 30 minutes from 6 pm to 11 pm. Sometimes during high season, additional shows are scheduled in the afternoon (from 1 pm).
Ideally, you should watch it at sunset or during the night, when the lake, the buildings and the surroundings are fully lit up.
Other things to do near Dubai Fountain show
Here are the best things you can do on the same day as you attend the Dubai fountain show. Simply click on the orange links for more information.
- Visit the Burj Khalifa, the highest skyscraper in the world!
- Visit the Dubai Mall, one of the largest malls in the world. A great place to spend the day shopping, dining, and enjoying various activities such as ice skating, the cinema or indoor karting!
- Near the lake, you can also visit Souk Al Bahar, another gallery with a few shops, cafés and restaurants with terraces and fountain view. It’s worth to go have a look, even if only for its beautiful interior.
- Dining in one of the restaurants around the lake can also be a great way to enjoy Dubai fountain show!
Where to stay in Dubai close to Dubai Fountains?
There are hundreds of hotels in Dubai, and choosing the best for your stay can be a bit complicated.
In order to help you out, I have selected for you the best hotels in Dubai for each district, depending on your budget. I have also made a special list of the most beautiful luxury hotels in Dubai.
As always, to get the best prices, you should book your hotel as early as possible!
The best hotels in Downtown Dubai (near the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall, the best to be close to the fountain show)
- DoubleTree of Hilton Dubai – Business Bay: Located 1.5 km from Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. Very spacious and comfortable room, well decorated and equipped from 110€ per night, breakfast included. Strong points: free shuttle to the Dubai Mall, good breakfast, comfort, tranquility. This my favorite hotel in Dubai for its exceptional value for money!
- Rove Downtown: Only 600 meters from the Dubai Mall. Bright and clean double room with view on Burj Khalifa, from 150€, breakfast for 15€. Strong points: Access to the Dubai Mall on foot, helpful staff, free shuttle service to the beach, Dubai Museum or Madinat Souk.
- Taj Dubai: Located 800 meters from Burj Khalifa. Modern and luxurious room with bay window overlooking the city and marble bathroom starting at 220€ per night, breakfast at 32€. Strong points: The magnificent view from the roof, the Indian decoration, the large swimming pool. An excellent hotel in Dubai city center, perfect for a romantic stay!
- Palace Downtown: Located on the lake at the foot of the Burj Khalifa, this 5-star hotel offers magnificent rooms with balcony, with an exceptional view of the Burj Khalifa. From 380€ per night, breakfast at 39€. Strong points: the exceptional location, the beautiful surroundings, the very attentive and helpful staff. This is my recommendation for a luxury stay in Downtown Dubai!
The best hotels in old Dubai (Deira and Bur Dubai)
- Golden Sands Hotel Apartments: Located in Bur Dubai, 1.5 km from the Dubai Museum. Apartment equipped with kitchenette and washing machine, from 80€ per night, breakfast from 11€. Strong points: Cleanliness, the heated swimming pool, the comfortable apartments
- Swissôtel Al Ghurair Dubai: Located in Deira district. Warm and spacious room from 115€, breakfast at 27€. Strong points: the pleasant staff, the view, the good breakfast. It’s my favourite in Old Dubai for its excellent value for money!
- Hyatt Regency Creek Heights Residences: Located next to Creekside Park. Very spacious, super comfortable and very well equipped rooms starting at 130€ per night, breakfast at 33€. Strong points: 5 minutes walk from the metro, the warm welcome, the quiet location, the spa.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek: 5* hotel located in Deira bay. Double room with balcony overlooking the bay from 150€, breakfast at 29€. Strong points: The proximity of the metro and the shops, the beautiful swimming pool, the comfortable bed and the amazing view. This is my recommendation for a luxury stay in Old Dubai!
Dubai’s best beach hotels
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Jumeirah Beach, Dubai: Located 300 meters from the beach. Rooms and apartments with sea view from 125€, breakfast at 27€. Strong points: The view, the comfortable beds, the location near the beach and the harbor.
- Amwaj Rotana, Jumeirah Beach – Dubai: Located along “The Walk”. Rooms with balcony overlooking the Gulf and Palm Jumeirah from 175€, breakfast at 24€. Strong points: the exceptional view, the proximity of the tram and metro, restaurants and shops at the foot of the hotel.
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach: Located 150 meters from the beach. Contemporary room with balcony and sea view from 230€, breakfast at 22€. Strong points: the infinity pool, the very good breakfast, the spa, the ideal location to enjoy the sea.
- Grosvenor House Hotel and Apartments: Located on the port promenade. Elegant and bright double room from 290€, breakfast at 42€. Strong points: Comfort, access to the private beach, the quality of the food.
The most beautiful luxury hotels in Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm, Dubai: One of the emblematic hotels of the city, located in Palm Jumeirah. Room from 300€, breakfast from 42€. Strong points: Includes access to Aquaventure Park and The Lost Chambers aquarium, private beach, swimming pools.
- Rixos The Palm Hotel & Suites – Ultra All Inclusive: Also located in Palm Jumeirah, this luxury hotel offers all inclusive rooms (all meals included) from 452€. Strong points: the quality of the meals, the setting, the amazing rooms.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai: Located directly on the beach of JBR Walk. Elegantly furnished rooms with balcony and sea view from 500€ per night, breakfast at 39€. Strong points: 6 swimming pools, a private beach, the spa, the very helpful staff.
- Armani Hotel Dubai: Located in the Burj Khalifa Tower! Rooms decorated by the fashion designer Giorgio Armani, starting at 550€ per night, breakfast at 41€. Strong points: the privilege of sleeping in the Burj Khalifa, the refinement of the place, the view.
- Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah: Located in Palm Jumeirah. Luxury suite with living room and dining room starting at 750€, breakfast included. Strong points: The private beach, the huge swimming pool and the beautiful gardens.
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah: THE luxury hotel, one of the rare 7* hotels in the world! The “smallest” suite is 170m² and prices start at 1290€, breakfast at 74€. I can assure you that your stay in Dubai will be truly exceptional and unforgettable!
FAQ – I answer your questions about Dubai Fountains
Is the Dubai Fountain show free?
Yes, you can attend the Dubai fountain show for free, from the waterfront promenade of the Dubai Mall. It’s however pretty busy! For a more VIP experience, you should opt for a boat ride on the lake by clicking here.
What should I wear to view Dubai Fountain show?
It’s not always easy to know what to wear in Dubai.
The general rule is to make sure you respect the local law and try to avoid showing too much skin (this is valid for both men and ladies!). Ideally, your clothes shouldn’t be too tight and always cover your shoulders and knees.
Which restaurant have the best view on Dubai Fountain show?
On the 1st floor, Open flame Kitchen is a great choice for a more upscale experience!
Enjoy the Dubai fountain show, and if you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask me in the comments below!
🚗 Rent a car
🗽 Book entrance tickets and guided visits
🏄 Book your sports activities
🚤 Book your rental boat
🌍 Take a travel insurance
🙎 Book a tour
🚅 Book your train tickets
✈️ Book your flight
You’re traveling to Dubai? These articles will help you !
Discover all my articles about Dubai: All my articles to help you plan your trip to Dubai are listed there.
- Dubai: The 30 best places to visit – All best things to do and activities!
- 2 days in Dubai – The perfect itinerary for 48h!
- 3 Days in Dubai – The best 72h itinerary
- 4 Days in Dubai – The defitinive guide to plan your trip
- 5 Days in Dubai – How to spend 5 days in Dubai
- 1 Week in Dubai – The best itinerary to visit Dubai in 7 days!
- Burj Khalifa: The definitive guide to all tickets + Tips
- Dubai Aquarium: discover one of Dubai’s must see attraction
- Dubai Mall: How to plan your visit of this huge shopping center!
- Dubai Old Town: 10 best things to do
- Dubai Fountain Show: all my tips to enjoy it to the fullest!
- Palm Jumeirah: the 15 best things to do!
- TOP Activities in Dubai – The 30 best activities and excursions to do in Dubai!
- Dubai Zipline – Price, info and reservations for the best experience in town!
- The best desert safaris in Dubai – my 7 favorites! (4WD, quad, buggy and more)
- Where to stay in Dubai? The guide to the best hotels by district, for all budgets
- Dubai Pass: The best way to save time and money in Dubai!