What are the best activities in Dubai?
You are looking for the best activities in Dubai?
You’re at the right place!
In order to help you help you make the most of your stay in Dubai, I have prepared this detailed guide, with the 30 best activities, guided visits and day trips.
Day trips to the desert, a zipline session from the top of a building in Dubai Marina, going up the Burj khalifa, opting for a dinner cruise or visiting Abu Dhabi for a day… there is something for everyone!
So what are the best activities in Dubai?
Let’s find out!
- What are the best activities in Dubai?
- Booking your activities in Dubai
- Dubai Explorer Pass – Dubai Activity Pass
- The best activities in Dubai
- Going up the Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Aquarium + Underwater Zoo
- Dubai Fountains Show
- Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark
- Dubai Zipline
- The View at the Palm
- Romantic dinner at the Burj Al Arab
- Dubai Frame
- Sky Views Dubai
- Ski Dubai, at the Mall of the Emirates
- Water activities in Dubai
- La Perle show
- Miracle Garden + Global Village
- Dubai Garden Glow and Dino Park
- Laguna Waterpark
- Dubai Parks and Resort
- Helicopter flight over Dubai and other flying activities
- Dinner in the sky Dubai
- Ain Dubai – The Dubai Ferris wheel
- Dubai Hop-On Hop-Off Tourist Bus
- The Museum of the Future and other Dubai museums
- The best boat trips in Dubai
- The 4 Best Guided Tours in Dubai
- The 3 Best Day Trips from Dubai
- The best Activities to do in Dubai with children
- How to schedule these activities in Dubai?
- Where to stay in Dubai
- You’re traveling to Dubai? These articles will help you !
Booking your activities in Dubai
If you only want to book activities in Dubai at the best price, without reading this guide (you should read it, as it contains many tips and even more activities!), here is the summary table of the 10 best activities in Dubai.
The great thing is that there is free cancellation for most of the activities I will tell you about, so it’s super convenient in case your plans are changing!
Simply click on the activity names to make your reservation:
|Activities in Dubai||Description||Price (from)|
|Burj Khalifa||At The Top Ticket|
Access to the 124th and 125th floors
|Desert safari||4WD in the dunes|
Sandboard + camel ride
Barbecue in a camp
|Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark||Day at the best water park in Dubai||75$|
|Dubai Creek cruise||Dinner cruise with buffet + dancing/singing||60$|
|Boat trip||speedboat tour to the Atlantis Hotel + Burj Al Arab||25$|
|Luxury cruise||Yacht trip with breakfast, lunch or dinner||53$|
|Dubai Zipline||Zipline from the top of the buildings||170$|
|Half day guided tour||Guided walking tour of Old Dubai||36$|
|Full day guided tour||Guided tour of Dubai's must-sees|
By bus + on foot
|Excursion to Abu Dhabi||Transportation from Dubai to Abu Dhabi|
Visit to the Louvre and the Grand Mosque
Dubai Explorer Pass – Dubai Activity Pass
If you want to do several activities in Dubai, you should purchase the Dubai Explorer Pass. This is the best way to save time and a lot of money during your visit to Dubai!
To sum up, the Dubai Pass gives you access 3, 4, 5 or 7 tourist attractions (depending on the package you choose when booking), so it’s important to have a rough idea of how many activities you will want to do before purchasing it.
In total, it includes 50 activities such as the Burj Khalifa, a luxury yacht tour around Palm Jumeirah or tickets to the Atlantis Aquaventure waterpark.
Important note: When booking, you don’t have to specify the activities you want to do, only the number of activities (For example, you buy the “Dubai Pass – 5 activities” and choose the activities you will do later, after your purchase).
The full activity list is available here: Activities included in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
Of course, I will give you more information about all these activities in this article!
What’s super convenient is that the Dubai Pass is valid for 30 days from the moment you visit your first attraction.
You can use it at any time, whether you have chosen to spend 2, 3, 4, 5 days or even a week in Dubai!
To book your Dubai Explorer Pass, you just need to click on the green button below:
The best activities in Dubai
Let’s now have a look at my selection of the best activities to do in Dubai!
Going up the Burj Khalifa
If you should do only one activity in Dubai, visiting the Burj Khalifa should be at the top of your list!
Going up the tallest tower in the world will allow you to get a bird eye’s view over the whole city, from Downtown Dubai to Dubai Old Town and up to the desert.
To get to the Burj Khalifa, you have 3 types of tickets, which you must book in advance to be able to choose a time-slot. If you go directly to the counter, the only remaining time slot may be in 4 hours, or there may even be none.
Booking online with the orange links I give you below is less expensive than buying tickets to the Burj Khalifa in Dubai:
- At The Top Burj Khalifa Ticket – Access to the 124th and 125th floors – This is the best-selling ticket!
- At The Top Sky VIP Ticket – Access to the 148th floor of the Burj Khalifa + 124 and 125 floor + priority access to the security checks and the lift
- Burj Khalifa The Lounge Ticket– Access to the world’s highest lounge (152nd floor) + cocktail and all-you-can-eat canapés/pastries
- At The Top (124th + 125th floor) + dinner in the Burj Club restaurant.
Dubai Aquarium + Underwater Zoo
Yes, that’s the activity I have just mentioned in my advice above!
You will be able to go in the shark tunnel and discover the various tanks with rays, tropical fish, jellyfish, seahorses and other underwater creatures. Last but not least, you will also see one of the largest crocodiles in the world: King Croc – 5 meters long for 750 kg!
To book this family activity in Dubai, you just need to click here:
And if you also plan to visit the Burj Khalifa on the same day (access is also via the Dubai Mall). The combo ticket is the best way to save money:
Dubai Fountains Show
The Dubai Fountain show is the perfect evening activity.
Located outside the Dubai Mall, this show takes place every evening at the foot of the Burj Khalifa. You will see, it’s simply magical to watch the ballet of water jets dancing to music.
And good news, it’s one of Dubai’s free activities!
The show takes place every 30 minutes between 18.00 and 23.00 (there are also a few during the day).
Ideally, you should plan to arrive early. The best viewing spots fill up quickly, so it’s best to get a seat about 10 minutes before the show starts.
And if you want to make the most out of your experience at the Dubai Fountains, you should take a boat ride on the lake in front of the fountains.
The boat ride will take you right up to the fountains, where you can see the water jets up close and far from the crowd.
To book your Abra (traditional boat) boat ride and get a VIP experience of the Dubai Fountains, simply click on the button below:
Recently, a floating platform was installed on Burj Khalifa Lake to enjoy the show up close, away from the crowds. The access to the platform costs about 5€ and needs to be booked in advance by clicking here.
Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark
Let’s now head to the artificial island of Palm Jumeirah (the one shaped like a palm tree visible from space!) for a day at the Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark.
Located next to the Atlantis Hotel, Aquaventure Dubai features over 105 water slides and attractions and is considered as one of the best waterparks in the world.
You will for sure love it, no matter if you are traveling with your lover, friends or family!
You need to book your ticket to the Atlantis Waterpark here:
The ticket also includes a visit to The Lost Chambers Aquarium, Dubai’s biggest aquarium where you can admire sharks, rays and piranhas. It’s located in the Atlantis hotel.
At the Atlantis Hotel, you can even swim and play with dolphins at “Dolphin Bay”!
You have the choice between 2 activities (simply click on the orange links for more info and to book):
- Play with the Dolphins in shallow water: An incredible experience that doesn’t require swimming skills!
- Swim with the Dolphins: A one of a kind activity you shouldn’t miss while in Palm Jumeirah.
No matter which one you opt for, an entrance ticket to Aquaventure Waterpark is always included in the price!
In Dubai, you will also find the XLine, the longest urban zipline in the world.
Located in Dubai Marina, this 1km long zipline starts 170m above the ground, from the top of a building and will allow you to fly amidst buildings and over Dubai Marina at more than 80 km/h.
I really loved it, adrenaline rush guaranteed 😁!
Of course, photos and the video of your heroic deed are included in the price: A superb souvenir of your flight among the skyscrapers in Dubai!
If you want to do something extraordinary and unique in Dubai, this is undoubtedly the right activity for you.
To book your zip line over Dubai Marina and enjoy an extraordinary experience, simply click on the button below:
The View at the Palm
The View at the Palm is one of the newest observation platforms in Dubai: at 240 meters high, you will be able to enjoy an incredible view over the entire artificial island of Palm Jumeirah, with the Atlantis Hotel in the distance.
A truly unique panorama!
And as it’s a 360° viewpoint, you will see Dubai skyline and the Burj Khalifa on the other side.
The ticket also includes access to “The View” exhibition, which traces the history of the construction and development of the man made island.
Romantic dinner at the Burj Al Arab
Here is a great idea for a romantic activity in Dubai: invite your partner to one of the restaurants of the world’s most luxurious hotel, the Burj Al Arab.
Along with the Burj Khalifa and the Atlantis hotel, the Burj Al Arab is one of the iconic buildings of Dubai.
Even if you don’t want to stay there, you can still spend a few hours in the Burj Al Arab by booking a lunch, afternoon tea or a dinner.
Here are the different options available (simply click on the orange link to book):
- Tea and snacks at the SkyView Bar on the 27th floor – Eat excellent pastries while enjoying the view.
- Access to the SkyView Bar + 2 complimentary drinks
- Lunch or dinner at the Bal Al Yam, the Burj Al Arab restaurant with a stunning view of the Persian Gulf.
- Lunch or dinner at the Al Mahara Aquarium Restaurant – Enjoy a unique experience savoring dishes prepared by an award-winning chef in the middle of an aquarium!
The Dubai frame, one of Dubai’s newest tourist attractions, is already very popular!
You can go to the top of this huge 150 meters high photo frame and enjoy a panoramic view over the 2 parts of the city: Dubai Old Town on one side and Downtown Dubai (the Burj Khalifa) on the other.
To make things even more exciting, part of the floor is made of glass. You can see everything that’s happening under your feet!
Tickets for the Dubai Frame needs to be booked directly here:
Sky Views Dubai
While we are talking about the spectacular observation platforms of Dubai, there is one more I would like to tell you about.
In addition to the Burj Khalifa, The View at the Palm and the Dubai Frame, you can go to Sky Views Dubai. The place offers a great view over the Burj Khalifa.
At 220 meters high, you can walk on the transparent glass floor and slide down the exterior glass slide: a unique activity to do in Dubai!
The most adventurous among you can also book the Sky Walk Edge (you need to choose the option when booking): only equipped with a harness, you will go out at the top of the tower for a walk at the edge of the void. Really impressive!
You need to buy your tickets by clicking on the green button below:
Ski Dubai, at the Mall of the Emirates
You may not know it, but it’s actually possible to do winter activities in Dubai! 🤯
Yes, you read that right!
You can go skiing and enjoy other winter activities in Dubai, at the Mall of the Emirates, a large shopping center home to an indoor ski resort with artificial snow.
Inside, everything is done to recreate the ambience of an authentic ski resort with chalets and ski lifts.
All the equipment (ski, shoes, helmets) and clothes are provided and you can ride on 5 different slopes.
You need to book your 2-hour (or more!) ski pass by clicking on the button below:
If you can’t or don’t want to ski, you can opt for the one-day Snow Park pass to do all the other activities offered: sledding, bobsleigh, access to the ice cave and playground, Zorb Ball (giant transparent ball).
This 1 day pass with unlimited access to attractions (except skiing) needs to be booked here:
Water activities in Dubai
Here is my selection of the best water activities in Dubai. Simply click on the orange links for more info and to book:
- Jet ski guided tour, to discover some of Dubai’s iconic locations: the marina, the Burj Al Arab and the Atlantis. Duration: 30 min to 2h + free photos.
- Private boat rental for 2 people: during this tour, you will drive your own boat and follow your guide who will take you on a superb excursion along the beaches of the Burj Al Arab up to the Atlantis Hotel!
- 30-minute flyboard session, an amazing sport you should absolutely try in Dubai, especially with the Burj Al Arab in the background for incredible photos!
- Jetpack session, to fly 10 meters above water!
- Jetovator another way to fly above water!
- Parasailing at more than 150 meters high, next to Dubai Ferris wheel
- Stand up paddle at The Kite Beach
- Introduction to scuba-diving for 2 hours at Jumeirah beach – Scuba-diving photos included!
All these water activities in Dubai are available all year round, both in summer and winter.
La Perle show
You’re looking for things to do in Dubai in the evening?
In that case, you should attend “La Perle” show, the most famous and spectacular show in the city.
Featuring world class artists and acrobats, La Perle is the show you don’t wanna miss during your trip to Dubai!
There are only 2 shows every evening and reservations are of course mandatory. The La Perle show needs to be booked by clicking on the button below:
Miracle Garden + Global Village
Here are 2 other activities you can do in Dubai. I am putting them together as you can easily visit one after the other:
- The Miracle Garden
The Miracle Garden is the largest natural flower garden in the world.
As you’re in Dubai, it’s not just a simple garden with flower beds: there, you will discover huge structures covered with flowers, including an A380 airplane!
You need to book your tickets to Miracle Garden by clicking on the button below:
As the the Miracle Garden is a bit far from Dubai city center, you can also purchase a guided tour of the garden that includes transportation from Dubai:
- The Global Village
Global Village is a cultural theme park located outside the city.
There, you will find dozens of pavilions representing most countries of the world. China, Thailand, Japan, Iran, United States and more: there is a lot to see and it’s very well done!
In each pavilion you will find dozens of stands with local specialties: Food, clothes and objects. It’s really something unique to do in Dubai.
You should plan about 3 hours for the visit (it’s pretty big!) and go there in the evening, as it’s much more beautiful and impressive when the lights are on.
Tickets needs to be bought here:
Dubai Garden Glow and Dino Park
You’re looking for something a bit different for an evening in Dubai?
Then you should go for a stroll at Dubai Garden Glow!
There, you can admire hundreds of sculptures coming to life every evening during light shows with musical backgrounds.
Everyone will for sure love the place, it’s really perfect for a family outing!
Even if it opens at the end of the afternoon, you should really wait for the night to visit Dubai Garden Glow. It’s the best way to enjoy the place.
As it’s one of the main attractions of Dubai, there are always a lot of people waiting in line at the ticket office. You should thus book your tickets in advance by clicking on the button below:
In the park where Dubai Garden Glow is located, you will also find Dino Park Dubai. It houses several dinosaur replicas that come to life as you pass by.
The best is to visit the dinosaur park before it gets dark and then head to Dubai Garden Glow.
The ticket for the Dubai Dinosaur Park needs to be purchased in advance by clicking here.
I’ve already mentioned a waterpark earlier: the world famous Aquaventure Waterpark of the Atlantis hotel.
Of course, it’s the best and biggest waterpark in Dubai, but if you want a more family-friendly and peaceful water park, Laguna Waterpark can be a good option!
Recently opened, you will be able to enjoy slides, buoy, swimming-pools and even the surfing wave pool. There are really attractions for all ages, from young children to adults (even if as I mentioned, the adults will have more fun at the Aquaventure Waterpark).
Your ticket also gives access to the private beach with deckchairs and sunshades.
Book your day at the Laguna Waterpark and enjoy great water activities in Dubai by clicking on the button below:
Dubai Parks and Resort
Here is another activity idea in Dubai: spend the day in an amusement park.
The most famous is for sure the Dubai Parks and Resort. It actually regroups several theme parks in 1 location!
You will find here (click on the orange links to book your tickets):
- The MotionGate Dubai, a movie themed park with attractions dedicated to the Underworld, Zombieland, Kung Fu Panda, the Smurfs, Hotel Transylvania and more.
- Bollywood Parks, which, you might have guessed, is based on famous Indian movies with dances, songs and shows.
- Legoland dedicated to the famous bricks. It even features a Lego representation of the city of Dubai!
In order to save money, you should buy the Dubai Parks and Resort Pass. It includes access to 2 parks for 1 day. In my opinion, you should choose the Motiongate and add Bollywood or Legoland depending on your interests.
Book your Dubai Parks and Resorts Pass here:
Helicopter flight over Dubai and other flying activities
The best way to witness the impressive development of the city is to opt for a helicopter flight over Dubai.
This exceptional activity in Dubai will allow you to discover iconic places such as the Atlantis hotel, the Burj Al Arab and the Burj Khalifa from the sky!
It’s also the perfect idea for a gift, as it’s a truly unique activity and you don’t go to Dubai every day!
Book your helicopter flight in Dubai by clicking on the green button below:
Alternatively, you can opt for a seaplane flight (not always available). Click here for more information.
And for the most adventurous among you, you can do a tandem skydive above Dubai instead:
In Dubai, you can also do indoor skydiving! This Dubai activity needs to be booked by clicking here.
Dinner in the sky Dubai
You’re looking for an unusual activity to do in Dubai?
Then you should book an aerial dinner!
Suspended by a crane at more than 50 meters high (and well harnessed to your chair!), you can enjoy a 3 course dinner while admiring the view.
A great idea for a romantic activity in Dubai.
To book it, it’s very simple: you just need to click on the button below:
Ain Dubai – The Dubai Ferris wheel
Let’s stay in the air, but this time, for a Ferris wheel ride!
But not just any Ferris wheel…
The Ain Dubai is nothing less than the biggest Ferris wheel in the world!
The whole tour lasts 40 minutes and the wheel rises to a maximum height of 250 meters, from which you can enjoy a spectacular view over all the buildings of Dubai.
Dubai Hop-On Hop-Off Tourist Bus
To get a good overview of Dubai in a limited amount of time, there’s nothing like the Hop-On Hop-Off tourist bus.
It’s a great way to see the most iconic monuments while learning more about the city thanks to the audio guide.
Dubai offers 2 sightseeing bus tours:
- A visit to the city center, including the Dubai Mall and Deira district – It’s the red tour
- A tour around Dubai Marina – The blue tour.
When booking (with the button below), you can choose the “Premium Ticket” option which gives access to buses for 2 days and also includes a traditional boat ride + a night tour.
You need to book your ticket for Dubai bus tour here:
The Museum of the Future and other Dubai museums
Dubai Museum of the Future opened in 2022 and already ranks among the most beautiful museums in the world thanks to its impressive architecture.
The museum features several interactive exhibits highlighting innovative concepts in the fields of environment, digital, new technologies, health and bio-engineering.
You need to book your ticket for the museum here:
In Dubai, you can also visit many other museums.
Normally, I recommend museums as a good activity to do when it’s raining, but in Dubai, it’s more of a good activity to do in the summer when it’s too hot to stay outside for long!
Here are the best museums to visit in Dubai. Simply click on the orange links to book your tickets:
- Etihad Museum, on the history of the foundation of the United Arab Emirates
- Dubai Museum, tracing the history of the city since the first tribes who settled there
- The Museum of Illusions, to take crazy and funny pictures
- The 3D World Selfie Museum, similar to the Museum of Illusions
- Madame Tussauds, a famous museum that can be found in all major cities in the world. In Dubai, you can take pictures with Kylie Jenner, Vin Diesel or the Queen of England for example.
The best boat trips in Dubai
Doing a boat trip in Dubai is a great way to discover the city from another angle!
In order to help you out, I have selected the best boat trips in Dubai:
Diner cruise in Dubai Creek
Let’s start with a dinner cruise in Dubai Creek, also called Khor Dubai. This stretch of sea separates the city’s 2 oldest districts: Deira and Bur Dubai.
For this 2h boat trip, you will get on a dhow, a traditional wooden boat, to enjoy a buffet dinner with traditional dances and songs while admiring the city from Dubai Creek.
Book your dinner cruise in Dubai Creek with the button below:
Dinner cruise on Dubai Water Canal
If you prefer, you can also go on a dinner cruise on Dubai Water Canal.
Here too, you can enjoy a buffet and several activities during the evening such as traditional songs and dances.
During your cruise, you will enjoy a superb view over Dubai skyscrapers, including the illuminated Burj Khalifa. You will also pass under a waterfall: the water curtain will open automatically to let your boat pass!
Book this evening activity in Dubai right below:
Boat trip to the Burj Al Arab + Atlantis
Experience the beauty of Dubai’s iconic landmarks with a 1.5-hour speedboat tour departing from Dubai Marina.
During your boat trip, you will discover the Ain Dubai (Dubai Ferris wheel), Palm Jumeirah island and Dubai’s most famous hotels: the Atlantis Hotel and the Burj Al Arab.
You will of course get the perfect photo opportunity to take pictures of the 2 famous hotels!
Your knowledgeable guide will also provide insight and commentary throughout the tour, making this boat ride one of the best way to discover Dubai from a new angle!
Book your boat tour to Atlantis and the Burj Al Arab now by clicking the button below:
Luxury yacht cruise
Here is an exceptional activity: in Dubai, you can do a luxury yacht cruise!
Starting from the marina, you will depart for a 2 to 3 hour boat tour on an ultra-luxurious 20-metre long yacht. Of course, the crew offers a 5-star service and will make sure you will have a great time. During the cruise, you will be able to access the cabins and the boat lounge.
You can choose between 3 departure times:
- The morning trip with a delicious breakfast
- The afternoon one with a barbecue lunch served on the yacht included
- The sunset tour with a barbecue dinner.
The yacht sails through Dubai marina and passes by the Ain Dubai Ferris wheel, Jumeirah Beach, before reaching the Palm artificial island where the Atlantis hotel is located.
After a photo stop at the Atlantis, you will then head to the Burj Al Arab before turning around and going back to Dubai Marina.
To book your VIP Yacht cruise in Dubai, you just need to click on the button below:
The 4 Best Guided Tours in Dubai
Let’s continue this list of the best activities in Dubai, and talk about the best guided tours.
In my opinion, a guided visit is the best way to learn more about the culture, daily life, history and custom of the country!
Here is my selection of the best guided tours of Dubai:
Guided tour of Old Dubai
This 3h walking tour of Old Dubai lasts 3 hours and allows you to discover the 2 oldest districts of the city: Deira and Bur Dubai.
Here, there are no skyscrapers: you will discover the picturesque and authentic side of Dubai.
Your guide will take you to the famous gold and spice souks and to the Dubai Museum, dedicated to the history of the city. You will also enjoy a short abra ride (traditional boat) across the Creek between the 2 districts.
This tour is clearly the best way to learn more about Dubai Old Town, the guide is super interesting and unbeatable when it comes to facts and anecdotes about the culture and life in Dubai.
Book your guided tour of Old Dubai by clicking here:
Guided Old Dubai + New Dubai tour
Here is another guided tour of Dubai, which includes:
- Photo stop in front of the Atlantis hotel
- Visit to Madinat Jumeirah souk, offering a superb view of the Burj Al Arab
- Discovery of the Blue Mosque, whose style is inspired by Istanbul Mosque, in Turkey
- A stroll through Old Dubai and its souks.
The tour lasts between 4h to 5h30 (depending on traffic) and includes pick-up from your hotel, transport, all entry fees and of course, a professional guide!
You need to book your guided tour of Dubai by clicking the button below:
Guided tour of Dubai (by bus and on foot)
This full day guided visit of Dubai will allow you to discover the best of the city in a day!
The day begins in Old Dubai with a walk to Deira and Bur Dubai, to discover the souks and visit the Dubai Museum.
You will then get on the bus and go to:
- Jumeirah Mosque
- Madinat Jumeirah souk, to take beautiful photos of the Burj Al Arab
- The Atlantis hotel, on Palm Jumeirah island
- Dubai Marina district.
In the afternoon, you will go to the Dubai Mall and visit the aquarium and Underwater Zoo. After your visit, you will head to the Burj Khalifa (both tickets are included in the price!).
You will then have free time in the Mall to shop and watch the fountain show before being taken back to your hotel.
To book your full day guided tour of Dubai, simply click on the button below:
Private Tour of Dubai with a private driver
For a VIP and exclusive experience, you can opt for a private tour of the city.
You will be able to decide on all the places you want to see and your private driver will create a personalized itinerary. He will drive you, wait for you and take you wherever you want.
You will be able to enjoy your day to the fullest without wasting time on public transport or waiting for a taxi!
To book your private driver in Dubai, simply click on the button below:
The 3 Best Day Trips from Dubai
Let’s continue this selection of the best activities to do in Dubai with the best day trips.
If you don’t want to rent a car during your stay, this is a great way to explore the surroundings of Dubai!
Dubai desert safari
Going on a desert safari easily makes it to the top 3 of the best activities!
It’s simply one of the best things you can do during your holidays in Dubai. You will for sure love the superb landscapes and the activities offered during the day!
Dubai desert safari includes:
- The journey to the desert with pick-up at your hotel
- A 4*4 tour in the dunes, with skids and speed to get your adrenaline pumping.
- Sandboarding, like surfing, but on the dunes.
- A camel ride
- The barbecue lunch or dinner in a Bedouin camp, accompanied by various shows and activities: henna painting, belly-dancing and more!
There are several agencies offering these trips to Dubai desert, however they aren’t all reliable.
That’s why I have selected an agency that is 100% reliable and responsible.
Even better: This tour is GetYourGuide Originals certified, which means it’s so good that you will get a full refund if you are not satisfied of your tour!
You need to book your desert tour by clicking on the button below:
Day trip to Abu Dhabi
You’re looking for something to do around Dubai?
You should thus book a trip to Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, It’s only 1h30 away by bus from Dubai!
The city is famous for its 2 incredible buildings: the Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
Depending on your interests and the places you would like to visit in Abu Dhabi, you can opt for one of the following tours:
- Grand Mosque + the Corniche + Emirates Palace + Etihad Towers + Marina Mall + Qasr Al Watan– My favorite tour to discover the best of Abu Dhabi in one day!
- Visit to the Grand Mosque and the Louvre Museum – The 2 must-see sights of Abu Dhabi in 1 day!
- Visit to the Grand Mosque only (1/2 day)
- Morning at the Grand Mosque + afternoon at Ferrari World or Warner Bros.
All these day trips depart from Dubai and include transportation to Abu Dhabi + the visits.
Day trip to Al Ain
Near Dubai, you can also go to the city of Al Ain, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In Al Ain, you can visit:
- The palace of Sheikh Zayed, the first president of the UAE. It’s now a museum.
- The camel and dromedary market, held every day of the week (except Monday).
- The oasis, to stroll among the palm trees
- Al Ain National Museum, about local traditions
- Al Jahili Fort
- Jebel Hafeet mountain, offering a magnificent view over Al Ain.
To book your trip to Al Ain, simply click here:
The best Activities to do in Dubai with children
- Kidzania Dubai: they recreated a full mini-city with its hospital, fire station, and school! Your kids will be able to dress up in costumes and try out nearly 80 different jobs such as doctor, chef, plane pilot or TV presenter.
- Aventura Parks Dubai: a treetop adventure park. For children from 6 years old and above!
How to schedule these activities in Dubai?
As you have seen, there are many activities to do in Dubai and you’re probably wondering how you can organize your trip to make the most of the attractions the city has to offer.
Well, in order to help you out, I have written detailed itineraries that will allow you to plan your trip to Dubai in no time!
Simply click on the orange links to read the article that correspond to the duration of your stay:
- 2 days in Dubai – The perfect itinerary for 48h!
- 3 Days in Dubai – The best 72h itinerary
- 4 Days in Dubai – The definitive guide to plan your trip
- 5 Days in Dubai – How to spend 5 days in Dubai
- 1 Week in Dubai – The best itinerary to visit Dubai in 7 days!
And for even more things to do, you can also check out my guide of the best places to visit in Dubai: The 30 best things to do in Dubai.
Where to stay in Dubai
There are hundreds of hotels in Dubai, and choosing the best for your stay can be a bit complicated.
In order to help you out, I have selected for you the best hotels in Dubai for each district, depending on your budget. I have also made a special list of the most beautiful luxury hotels in Dubai.
As always, to get the best prices, you should book your hotel as early as possible!
The best hotels in Downtown Dubai (near the Burj Khalifa)
- DoubleTree of Hilton Dubai – Business Bay: Located 1.5 km from Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. Very spacious and comfortable room, well decorated and equipped from 110€ per night, breakfast included. Strong points: free shuttle to the Dubai Mall, good breakfast, comfort, tranquility. This my favorite hotel in Dubai for its exceptional value for money!
- Rove Downtown: Only 600 meters from the Dubai Mall. Bright and clean double room with view on Burj Khalifa, from 150€, breakfast for 15€. Strong points: Access to the Dubai Mall on foot, helpful staff, free shuttle service to the beach, Dubai Museum or Madinat Souk.
- Taj Dubai: Located 800 meters from Burj Khalifa. Modern and luxurious room with bay window overlooking the city and marble bathroom starting at 220€ per night, breakfast at 32€. Strong points: The magnificent view from the roof, the Indian decoration, the large swimming pool. An excellent hotel in Dubai city center, perfect for a romantic stay!
- Palace Downtown: Located on the lake at the foot of the Burj Khalifa, this 5-star hotel offers magnificent rooms with balcony, with an exceptional view of the Burj Khalifa. From 380€ per night, breakfast at 39€. Strong points: the exceptional location, the beautiful surroundings, the very attentive and helpful staff. This is my recommendation for a luxury stay in Downtown Dubai!
The best hotels in old Dubai (Deira and Bur Dubai)
- Golden Sands Hotel Apartments: Located in Bur Dubai, 1.5 km from the Dubai Museum. Apartment equipped with kitchenette and washing machine, from 80€ per night, breakfast from 11€. Strong points: Cleanliness, the heated swimming pool, the comfortable apartments
- Swissôtel Al Ghurair Dubai: Located in Deira district. Warm and spacious room from 115€, breakfast at 27€. Strong points: the pleasant staff, the view, the good breakfast. It’s my favourite in Old Dubai for its excellent value for money!
- Hyatt Regency Creek Heights Residences: Located next to Creekside Park. Very spacious, super comfortable and very well equipped rooms starting at 130€ per night, breakfast at 33€. Strong points: 5 minutes walk from the metro, the warm welcome, the quiet location, the spa.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek: 5* hotel located in Deira bay. Double room with balcony overlooking the bay from 150€, breakfast at 29€. Strong points: The proximity of the metro and the shops, the beautiful swimming pool, the comfortable bed and the amazing view. This is my recommendation for a luxury stay in Old Dubai!
Dubai’s best beach hotels
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Jumeirah Beach, Dubai: Located 300 meters from the beach. Rooms and apartments with sea view from 125€, breakfast at 27€. Strong points: The view, the comfortable beds, the location near the beach and the harbor.
- Amwaj Rotana, Jumeirah Beach – Dubai: Located along “The Walk”. Rooms with balcony overlooking the Gulf and Palm Jumeirah from 175€, breakfast at 24€. Strong points: the exceptional view, the proximity of the tram and metro, restaurants and shops at the foot of the hotel.
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach: Located 150 meters from the beach. Contemporary room with balcony and sea view from 230€, breakfast at 22€. Strong points: the infinity pool, the very good breakfast, the spa, the ideal location to enjoy the sea.
- Grosvenor House Hotel and Apartments: Located on the port promenade. Elegant and bright double room from 290€, breakfast at 42€. Strong points: Comfort, access to the private beach, the quality of the food.
The most beautiful luxury hotels in Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm, Dubai: One of the emblematic hotels of the city, located in Palm Jumeirah. Room from 300€, breakfast from 42€. Strong points: Includes access to Aquaventure Park and The Lost Chambers aquarium, private beach, swimming pools.
- Rixos The Palm Hotel & Suites – Ultra All Inclusive: Also located in Palm Jumeirah, this luxury hotel offers all inclusive rooms (all meals included) from 452€. Strong points: the quality of the meals, the setting, the amazing rooms.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai: Located directly on the beach of JBR Walk. Elegantly furnished rooms with balcony and sea view from 500€ per night, breakfast at 39€. Strong points: 6 swimming pools, a private beach, the spa, the very helpful staff.
- Armani Hotel Dubai: Located in the Burj Khalifa Tower! Rooms decorated by the fashion designer Giorgio Armani, starting at 550€ per night, breakfast at 41€. Strong points: the privilege of sleeping in the Burj Khalifa, the refinement of the place, the view.
- Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah: Located in Palm Jumeirah. Luxury suite with living room and dining room starting at 750€, breakfast included. Strong points: The private beach, the huge swimming pool and the beautiful gardens.
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah: THE luxury hotel, one of the rare 7* hotels in the world! The “smallest” suite is 170m² and prices start at 1290€, breakfast at 74€. I can assure you that your stay in Dubai will be truly exceptional and unforgettable!
If you need help preparing your stay in Dubai, don’t hesitate to ask me all your questions in the comments section below!
🚗 Rent a car
🗽 Book entrance tickets and guided visits
🏄 Book your sports activities
🚤 Book your rental boat
🌍 Take a travel insurance
🙎 Book a tour
🚅 Book your train tickets
✈️ Book your flight
You’re traveling to Dubai? These articles will help you !
Discover all my articles about Dubai: All my articles to help you plan your trip to Dubai are listed there.
- Dubai: The 30 best places to visit – All best things to do and activities!
- 2 days in Dubai – The perfect itinerary for 48h!
- 3 Days in Dubai – The best 72h itinerary
- 4 Days in Dubai – The definitive guide to plan your trip
- 5 Days in Dubai – How to spend 5 days in Dubai
- 1 Week in Dubai – The best itinerary to visit Dubai in 7 days!
- Burj Khalifa: The definitive guide to all tickets + Tips
- Dubai Aquarium: discover one of Dubai’s must see attraction
- Dubai Mall: How to plan your visit of this huge shopping center!
- Dubai Old Town: 10 best things to do
- Dubai Fountain Show: all my tips to enjoy it to the fullest!
- Palm Jumeirah: the 15 best things to do!
- TOP Activities in Dubai – The 30 best activities and excursions to do in Dubai!
- Dubai Zipline – Price, info and reservations for the best experience in town!
- The best desert safaris in Dubai – my 7 favorites! (4WD, quad, buggy and more)
- Where to stay in Dubai? The guide to the best hotels by district, for all budgets
- Dubai Pass: The best way to save time and money in Dubai!
You’re using Pinterest? Here is the picture to pin!