How to spend 5 Days in Dubai: The Best Itinerary + Where to Stay
You’re planning to spend 5 days in Dubai and you’re looking for the best things to do?
You’re at the right place!
In order to help you plan your stay, I have prepared for you this 5 days itinerary in Dubai.
During your trip, you will discover all must-see attractions of the city as well as (if you wish to!) Dubai’s desert or Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arabs Emirates.
In addition to the best places to visit and activities for each stage of your itinerary, I will also give you all my best tips and accommodation suggestions depending on your budget.
So, what are the best places to visit in Dubai in 5 days? Where to stay?
Let’s find out!
- How to spend 5 Days in Dubai: The Best Itinerary + Where to Stay
- How to avoid waiting in line (and save a lot of time!) at Dubai’s tourist attractions
- 5 days in Dubai: the best itinerary
- Day 1 – Old Dubai
- Day 2: Best things to do and activities in Dubai
- Day 3: Dubai Marina
- Day 4 – Excursion in the desert (near Dubai)
- Day 5: Last day in Dubai
- Where to stay in Dubai
- Dubai in 5 days with your family
- More ideas of things to do during your 5-day stay in Dubai
- Map of your 5-day itinerary in Dubai
- Flight prices to Dubai
- You’re traveling to Dubai? These articles will help you !
How to avoid waiting in line (and save a lot of time!) at Dubai’s tourist attractions
With more than 15 million tourists every year, Dubai is simply one of the trendiest destination in the world!
Everyone wants to discover its skyscrapers that have emerged from the desert in just a few years as well as all the amazing attractions and activities Dubai has to offer.
The tallest building in the world, the biggest shopping mall or the longest urban zipline: they are all located in Dubai!
Unfortunately, this means endless waiting lines at all the must-see attractions. At the Burj Khalifa , for example, if you don’t have a ticket, you will often have to wait in line at the ticket booth for an hour or two.
It’s as crowded as at the Colosseum in Rome, the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona or the Duomo in Florence!
But don’t worry: there are 2 very simple solutions that will allow you to save a lot of time (and money!) during your 5-day trip to Dubai.
1. The Dubai Explorer Pass
First option: To save time and money, you should buy the Dubai Explorer Pass.
The Dubai Pass works according to the number of visits you want to do: you can choose between 3, 4, 5 or 7 attractions.
Contrary to other City Passes that are duration based (24h, 48h, 72h etc..), for the Dubai Pass, only the number of activities you want to do matters.
So you can do all the activities in one day or spread them over the 5 days of your stay in Dubai.
The City Pass is valid for 30 days from the first activation. This is very convenient!
The Dubai Explorer Pass offers more than 50 activities.
Of course, the most famous attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, the desert excursion and the Aquaventure Waterpark are included in the Dubai Explorer Pass!
To get your Dubai Explorer Pass, it’s very simple: you just have to click on the green button located at the end of this section and choose the number of activities(3/4/5/7) you will want to do in Dubai.
Once you have ordered your Dubai Pass, you will receive a confirmation email with a voucher. This voucher is the City Pass. You can print it or show it on your smartphone at the entrance of each tourist attraction.
In addition to the voucher, the email contains a lot of useful information to organize your visits: Opening hours, directions…
They will also tell you if you need to book a time slot (for example, for the Burj Khalifa) or if you can go there when you want (Aquaventure Park, Aquarium…).
Here is the summary of the most popular attractions included in the Dubai Explorer Pass:
- Burj Khalifa: Access to the 124th and 125th floor observation deck – time slot must be booked in advance
- Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
- Ticket for the Hop On Hop Off Bus
- Cruise in the Marina or in Dubai Creek
- Aquaventure Waterpark, at the Atlantis Hotel
- Desert Excursion with Barbecue Dinner – Needs to be booked in advance
- Motiongate Dubai
- Legoland Dubai
- IMG Worlds of Adventure.
The full list of activities offered is available by clicking on the link below Dubai Explorer Pass Activities.
Book your Dubai Pass now and save money by clicking on the green button below:
2. Buy Skip-the-Line Tickets for Dubai’s Tourist Attractions
Second option: To avoid waiting in line during your 5-day Dubai itinerary, you can buy skip-the-line tickets for each tourist attraction or activity in advance.
Here is the list of all skip-the-line tickets and excursions I will be talking about in this 5-day itinerary in Dubai.
To view the prices and to book, just click on the links below (you’ll also find them throughout the article):
- Guided tour of Old Dubai (Deira + Bur Dubai)
- Traditional Boat Cruise
- Luxury Cruise with Gourmet Dinner
- Dubai Frame
- Aquarium + Underwater Zoo
- Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Zipline
- Cruise in the Marina
- Mall of the Emirates
- Spectacular show “La Perle
- Aquaventure Waterpark
- Aquaventure + The Lost Chambers
- Excursion to the desert
- Excursion to Abu Dhabi
5 days in Dubai: the best itinerary
Let’s now start your 5 day itinerary in Dubai!
For each day, I will give you all the details you need to plan your visits + a map that will allow you to visualize the itinerary a bit better.
I’m assuming you will be staying in Dubai for 5 full days and that you will be using the Dubai Explorer Pass or have purchased Skip-the-Line tickets. It’s the best way to save time and money during your 5 day stay!
If you still have questions after reading this article (or need help organizing your holiday), don’t hesitate to ask me in the comments section located at the very end of this article.
I will be glad to help you plan your trip 😄.
So, what are the best things to do in Dubai in 5 days?
Day 1 – Old Dubai
Day 1 visits:
A. Deira district
B. Bur Dubai
C. Dubai Museum
D. Dubai Frame
E. Dubai Garden Glow
A. Deira district
Your 5-day itinerary starts in Deira, one of Dubai’s oldest districts.
Here, far from the skyscrapers of the city center, you will discover the typical atmosphere of the Middle East.
First, you should take a walk through Deira district and discover:
- The Gold Souk, with its imposing gold jewellery (very impressive but maybe a bit difficult to wear in everyday life! 😅 – see picture below). But don’t worry, if you’re looking for something more discreet, you’ll find it too.
- The Perfume Souk, located on Sikkat Al Khail Street. You can’t get lost, just follow the smells!
- The spice souk and its countless spices: curry, chili pepper, saffron….
The best way to discover Deira and its souks is to opt for a guided tour!
Your tour guide will tell you everything about old Dubai and the local lifestyle .
And if, during your 3-hour tour, you want to buy souvenirs, he can also help you bargain down the prices while shopping in the souks.
*This guided tour of Deira and Bur Dubai includes everything from section A to C of this first day itinerary.
Book your guided tour of Old Dubai by clicking on the button below:
B. Bur Dubai
Bur Dubai is the second neighborhood you should visit in Old Dubai.
To get there from Deira, it’s very easy: you just have to cross the river!
To do so, you will need to take an abra (small traditional boat) for 1 AED per person. It will take only a few minutes to reach Bur Dubai.
Here are the best places to visit in Bur Dubai:
- Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum’s house: documents about the city’s history are kept here. It is not mandatory to visit, but it’s a very pleasant place for a short stroll.
- The Old Souk, where you can find souvenirs of all kinds: magnets, plushies, bags and more. Don’t forget to negotiate the prices!
- Hindi Lane and Meena Bazaar: An Indian area with beautiful fabrics and traditional Indian restaurants. You can eat traditional Indian food for a good price there!
- Sheikh Mohamed Cultural Center: Every day, lunches are organized in a traditional house with an inhabitant of Dubai. You need to Click here to book it.
- Al-Seef Market: a very nice place to take a stroll, featuring restaurants and shops in traditional houses replicas.
C. Dubai Museum
Visiting the Dubai Museum is the best way to learn more about the history of the city!
The museum traces the entire history of Dubai: you will learn more about the first tribes who lived there and see how the rapid growth during the 1960’s economic boom turned Dubai into a modern city.
And last but not least, you will discover the crazy future plans for the coming years.
You will see, the museum is very interesting and is a great way to understand the evolution of the city.
The entrance fee is 3 AED only, so you have no reason to skip this visit!
*Please note that the museum is closed on Friday mornings.
D. Dubai Frame
During your 5-day trip to Dubai, you will for sure want to explore the modern part of the city too!
And for that, there’s no better way to start than to head to Dubai’s brand new attraction: The Dubai Frame.
You will now immersed in a whole different world, far away from the atmosphere of old Dubai.
You can climb to the top of this 150-meter high structure in the shape of a giant photo frame and enjoy a magnificent panoramic view of 2 completely different parts of Dubai: Old Dubai on one side and Downtown (Burj Khalifa) on the other.
Up there, a part of the floor is made of glass: it’s very impressive!
As the Dubai Frame quickly became one of the most popular tourist attraction in the city, there are always very long waiting lines at the ticket office.
Since it’s not included in the Dubai Explorer Pass, be sure to buy your ticket in advance by clicking here:
E. Dubai Garden Glow
After your visit to the Dubai Frame, let’s now head to Dubai Garden Glow, your last visit of this 1st day.
This large park features hundreds of sculptures coming to life every evening during light shows with musical backgrounds.
Everyone will for sure love the place, it’s really perfect for a family outing!
The entrance ticket to Dubai Garden Glow costs 65 AED. It also includes entrance to the dinosaur park located in the same area.
Some of the dinosaurs move and growl when you walk close to them, kids really love it!
You should start your visit to the Dinosaur Park a bit before sunset and visit the Dubai Garden Glow at nightfall.
Dubai Garden glow is open from 4pm to 11pm.
Day 2: Best things to do and activities in Dubai
Day 2 visits:
C. La Meer
D. Dubai Mall
E. Dubai Fountain Show
F. Burj Khalifa
You will start the second day of your 5-day itinerary in Dubai with a visit to Etihad Museum.
Here, you will learn more about the Declaration of Union and the creation of the United Arab Emirates in 1971.
Films, testimonies and interactive terminals will teach you everything about the history of the treaty and its founders, the 7 Sheikhs of the Emirates.
The Etihad Museum perfectly complements Dubai Museum: by visiting both, you will get a global vision of the country.
Plan about 1 hour for your visit. The entrance ticket costs 25 AED.
B. Jumeirah Mosque
Located only 10-minute walk from the Etihad Museum, the Jumeirah Mosque is the only mosque in the Dubai that is open to non-Muslims.
You can visit it with a guided tour and learn about the traditions and the 5 pillars of Islam.
There are 2 tours per day (except Fridays): one starts at 10am and the other at 2pm. They last about 1h15.
Please note that you can only enter the mosque with your legs and shoulders covered (this applies to both men and women). In addition, women must also cover their hair.
Jumeirah Mosque is located 10 minutes on foot from the Etihad Museum and on the way to the next stop of this itinerary. So even if you don’t want to take the tour, you can at least admire its architecture as you walk by.
C. La Mer
After the mosque, head towards the sea to reach La Mer, a promenade where you’ ll find plenty of restaurants and cafes with waterfront terraces.
As its name suggests, the place is located by the sea: from there, you can access several beaches or go to a water park with slides and swimming pools.
From the boardwalk, you can also enjoy a great view over the Dubai skyline and the Burj Khalifa in the distance.
D. Dubai Mall
Now, you should take a taxi and head to Dubai Mall (5km).
The most visited shopping mall in the world has almost 1200 stores for every taste and budget.
And even if you aren’t a fan of shopping, you will surely find your happiness here: Several Cinemas, an ice rink, a go-kart track and a flight simulator will keep you busy!
While at the Dubai Mall, you should also visit Dubai aquarium and underwater zoo: you will see sharks, rays, and all kinds of fish from around the world. But the star of the aquarium is undoubtedly “King Croc”, one of the largest living crocodiles in the world.
To avoid waiting in line and save money, you should really buy your tickets online in advance.
There are 2 types of tickets for the aquarium (click on the links to book):
- The classic: Aquarium + Underwater Zoo ticket
- A combined ticket: Aquarium + Underwater Zoo + Burj Khalifa – Certainly the most interesting for you, as you will visit the Burj Khalifa at the end of the day. A great way to save money!
The aquarium and underwater zoo is included in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
E. Fountain Show
When night falls, leave the mall and head towards the fountains located outside the mall.
The Dubai Fountain Show takes place between 6pm and 11pm, every 30 minutes.
As it’s super touristy, plan to get there a bit early to secure a good spot to enjoy the show!
You can also admire the spectacle up close and benefit from a better vantage point by opting for an abra tour on the lake!
It needs to be booked by clicking the button below:
F. Burj Khalifa
To end this second day in style, you will visit the famous Burj Khalifa. You can’t miss that visit during your 5-day itinerary in Dubai!
You’ve probably been admiring it from the outside all day and taking pictures from every possible angle, but now it’s time to go up 😄.
From the observation deck of the 124th and 125th floors of the world’s tallest tower, the view is simply breathtaking.
To enjoy it at its best you should really go there in the evening, when the whole city is lit up.
And if the 125th floor isn’t high enough for your, you can go up to the 148th floor, 555 meters above the ground.
As going to the Burj Khalifa is clearly the number 1 thing to do for anyone going to Dubai, there is always a long waiting line there.
It’s therefore imperative to buy your ticket in advance on the internet, else you will wait for hours and they might even tell you to come back on the next day if there isn’t any timeslot available anymore!
Various ticket combinations are available (click on the orange links for information and to book):
- Ticket At The Top Burj Khalifa – Access to the 124th and 125th floor
- VIP At The Top Sky ticket – Access to the 148th floor of the Burj Khalifa + 124th and 125th floors + fast track entry at the security checkpoints and the elevator
- Ascent to the 124th floor + dinner at the Burj Club restaurant.
If you want to visit the Aquarium and Burj Khalifa, you should buy this ticket:
Access to Burj Khalifa is included in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
Day 3: Dubai Marina
For the third day of your 5-day Dubai trip, you also have 2 options to choose from. Choose the option that best suits your interests:
Option 1: Dubai Marina or Palm Jumeirah
Day 3 visits (option 1):
A. The Walk and The Beach
B. Dubai Marina
C. Mall of the Emirates
D. Global Village or La Perle show
A. The Walk and The Beach
You will start your day with a stroll at “The Walk”, a promenade by the sea featuring many chic boutiques and restaurants.
Here, you can also take a break at “The Beach”, the public beach. You can go for a swim or try one of the many watersports available!
To make it easier for you, I’ve prepared the list of the best nautical activities in my article: The 30 best activities in Dubai.
From The Beach you can also catch a glimpse of one of Dubai’s new attractions: The world’s tallest Ferris Wheel!
To reach The Walk and The Beach, take the metro to DAMAC station and then the tram to Jumeirah Beach Residence.
B. Dubai Marina
From The Beach and The Walk, you can easily go to Dubai Marina, located a few minutes away on foot.
There, you can to admire the luxurious yachts or even take a cruise on one of them!
This 2-3 hours boat tour will allow you to discover Dubai from a new perspective. You will even pass by the famous Atlantis Hotel, known for its distinctive architecture. The Lunch (barbecue) is included.
This luxury boat trip departs several times a day during high season.
To book your luxury yacht cruise in Dubai, you need to click on the following button below:
This luxury cruise is also included in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
In Dubai Marina district, you can also go shopping at Dubai Marina Mall.
C. Mall of the Emirates
Back on the ground? (after your zipline ride!)
So it’s time to take the metro to the Mall of the Emirates, famous for its indoor ski slope!
And you will almost feel like you are in a real, miniature mountain resort.
Nothing is missing: chairlifts, small chalets, ski and snowboard slopes and of course (artificial) snow!
You don’t need to bring your ski equipment, everything is provided.
So if you’re in the mood for skiing, book your ticket for Ski Dubai by clicking here.
Of course, in the Mall of the Emirates, you will also find hundreds of shops and restaurants.
And if you’re spending 5 days in Dubai with your family, you can also go to the children’s area located on the top floor. It features arcade games and a mini funfair.
D. Global Village or La Perle show
For this evening, you will have 2 choices:
1) First option: Global Village.
From the Mall of the Emirates, take bus 106 to get to Global Village. The 30 minutes bus ride costs 20 AED for the round trip.
This huge area located outside the city features different pavilions representing dozens of countries such as Japan, Thailand, China, Iran, Saudi Arabia or Europe.
In each pavilion, you will find dozens of stalls selling local products, typical items and clothes from the country.
I must say that I really liked the place, the decorations are just amazing!
Plan at least 3 hours to see all the pavilions and try the food stalls.
Practical information for your visit:
- The Global Village is open daily but only from 4pm, from early November to early April (Closed the rest of the year)
- The entrance ticket costs 15 AED
- You should visit Global Village in the evening, when the buildings are fully lit!
- Good to know: On Mondays, the entrance is reserved for families with children and for women.
2) Second option – La Perle Show
La Perle is clearly THE most popular show in Dubai!
Featuring world class artists and acrobats, La Perle is the show you don’t wanna miss during your 5 days trip to Dubai.
As there are only 2 shows per night, make sure to book your tickets in advance by clicking on the button below:
The closest metro station to the venue is Business Bay. Then it’s best to take a taxi for the remaining 4 km.
Option 2: Palm Jumeirah + Aquaventure Park
On your 3rd day, instead of visiting Dubai Marina, you can plan to explore the man-made island of Palm Jumeirah.
You for sure have already seen a picture of this huge palm shaped island. It’s so big that it can be seen from space!
There, you will find Atlantis The Palm Hotel, one of Dubai’s emblematic hotels.
You can first make a photo stop at the Atlantis Hotel and then spend the day at the Aquaventure Waterpark. This water park (the largest in Dubai) and is famous for its spectacular slides.
If you’re planning to visit Dubai in 5 days with your kids (or even without them 😋), the Aquaventure Waterpark is the perfect place to have a lot of fun.
And while you’re at Atlantis The Palm Hotel, don’t miss the following activities:
- Swimming with the dolphins in a lagoon in Dolphin Bay. If you opt for this activity, you will also have access to Aquaventure Park on the same day.
- Visit The Lost Chambers Aquarium to see rays, sharks and other fishes. The aquarium is located on the ground floor of the Atlantis Hotel.
Tickets for these attractions must be booked by clicking on the links below:
- Aquaventure Warteepark: 1 Day Admission Ticket
- Visit to The Lost Chambers Aquarium
- Dolphin Bay – encounter with dolphins + Aquaventure Park
There is also a combo ticket: Aquaventure waterpark + The Lost Chambers. You need to buy it here:
* Aquaventure Waterpark is included in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
In the evening, after a quick stop at your hotel to change clothes, you can go to La Perle show I mentioned above.
You will have the choice to attend the 19:30 or 22:00 show. You will thus have all the time you need to enjoy your day at the water park!
La Perle show needs to be booked here:
Day 4 – Excursion in the desert (near Dubai)
On the fourth day of your 5-day itinerary in Dubai, let’s get out of the city and explore the desert!
As you can’t go in the desert by yourself, you will need to take an organized day trip.
You will be picked up at your hotel in the morning and will head to the desert for a jeep tour in the dunes.
In addition to the Jeep tour, the following activities are also included:
- Sandboarding: just like snowboarding, but on sand. You will love it!
- Camel riding
- a falconry experience
This tour also includes a lunch or dinner in the middle of the desert in a Bedouin camp, with belly dance performances, henna tattoos and singing.
To book with a reputable and reliable agency, you should book your desert tour in advance by clicking the button below:
It’s simply the best desert excursion: it’s so great that you will get a full refund if you don’t like the tour!
And if you’re in the mood for a bit more action, you should opt for one of the 2 following tours:
Both of them are really awesome, so choose the one that you prefer!
A day trip to the desert is also included in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
And if you’re looking for a VIP experience, you can discover Dubai desert in a completely different way: by opting for a ride in a hot air balloon!
The flight takes place at sunrise and lasts 1h. The spectacle is truly unforgettable!
This luxury activity also includes a gourmet breakfast with caviar, smoked salmon and other exceptional dishes.
You need to book this tour right here (there is just a few seats, so book early!):
Day 5: Last day in Dubai
For the fifth and last day of your 5-day stay in Dubai, you will also have 2 options:
Option 1: spend the day at an amusement Park
There are 2 famous amusement parks in Dubai:
- IMG Worlds of Adventure, the second largest indoor amusement park in the world. It includes attractions dedicated to the Marvel universe and cartoons. For more information on rates and opening hours, you can visit the official website.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts: a leisure complex with several theme parks (cinema, Lego, Bollywood) and a water park.
Both parks are perfect for a successful day out!
Option 2: More places to visit during your 5-day stay in Dubai
If you’re not a fan of amusement parks, you can spend one more day visiting Dubai:
Here are a few sightseeing suggestions:
- Take a walk through Dubai Miracle Garden, where you can admire more than 150 million flowers, covering sculptures such as Disney characters or even a replica of an A380 plane!
The garden has been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest natural flower garden in the world.
- Open from November to May from 9h to 21h/22h
- Take the metro to Mall of the Emirates + bus no. 105
- Entrance fee is AED 55.
- It is also possible to book a package ticket, entrance ticket + pick-up at your hotel click here!
2) Visit Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a very nice place featuring shops and restaurants located in traditional buildings replicas, recreating an oriental atmosphere.
In the outdoor area of the souk, you can take a boat ride in an Abra on the canals and enjoy a beautiful view over the Burj Al Arab (one of the few 7* hotels in the world).
3) And if you want to see the Burj Al Arab more than just from the outside, you can book a lunch, snacks or dinner to discover the inside of the hotel as well.
It’s the only way to see the inside of the hotel if you’re not a guest.
Here are the different options available: (click on the links to book):
- Tea and snacks at the SkyView Bar on the 27th floor – Enjoy the view, with pastries and cakes.
- Lunch or dinner at Al Yam Ball, the restaurant is located on the ground floor of the Burj Al Arab and offers a breathtaking view of the Persian Gulf.
- Access to the SkyView Bar + 2 free drinks
- Lunch or dinner at Al Mahara Aquarium Restaurant – Enjoy the unique experience of sampling the dishes of an award-winning chef in the middle of an aquarium!
Where to stay in Dubai
Now that you know everything about the best things to do in Dubai in 5 days, there is just one thing left to do: Booking your hotel!
There are hundreds of hotels in Dubai, and choosing the best for your stay can be a bit complicated.
In order to help you out, I have selected for you the best hotels in Dubai for each district, depending on your budget. I have also made a special list of the most beautiful luxury hotels in Dubai.
As always, to get the best prices, you should book your hotel as early as possible!
The best hotels in Downtown Dubai (near the Burj Khalifa)
- DoubleTree of Hilton Dubai – Business Bay: Located 1.5 km from Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. Very spacious and comfortable room, well decorated and equipped from 110€ per night, breakfast included. Strong points: free shuttle to the Dubai Mall, good breakfast, comfort, tranquility. This my favorite hotel in Dubai for its exceptional value for money!
- Rove Downtown: Only 600 meters from the Dubai Mall. Bright and clean double room with view on Burj Khalifa, from 150€, breakfast for 15€. Strong points: Access to the Dubai Mall on foot, helpful staff, free shuttle service to the beach, Dubai Museum or Madinat Souk.
- Taj Dubai: Located 800 meters from Burj Khalifa. Modern and luxurious room with bay window overlooking the city and marble bathroom starting at 220€ per night, breakfast at 32€. Strong points: The magnificent view from the roof, the Indian decoration, the large swimming pool. An excellent hotel in Dubai city center, perfect for a romantic stay!
- Palace Downtown: Located on the lake at the foot of the Burj Khalifa, this 5-star hotel offers magnificent rooms with balcony, with an exceptional view of the Burj Khalifa. From 380€ per night, breakfast at 39€. Strong points: the exceptional location, the beautiful surroundings, the very attentive and helpful staff. This is my recommendation for a luxury stay in Downtown Dubai!
The best hotels in old Dubai (Deira and Bur Dubai)
- Golden Sands Hotel Apartments: Located in Bur Dubai, 1.5 km from the Dubai Museum. Apartment equipped with kitchenette and washing machine, from 80€ per night, breakfast from 11€. Strong points: Cleanliness, the heated swimming pool, the comfortable apartments
- Swissôtel Al Ghurair Dubai: Located in Deira district. Warm and spacious room from 115€, breakfast at 27€. Strong points: the pleasant staff, the view, the good breakfast. It’s my favourite in Old Dubai for its excellent value for money!
- Hyatt Regency Creek Heights Residences: Located next to Creekside Park. Very spacious, super comfortable and very well equipped rooms starting at 130€ per night, breakfast at 33€. Strong points: 5 minutes walk from the metro, the warm welcome, the quiet location, the spa.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek: 5* hotel located in Deira bay. Double room with balcony overlooking the bay from 150€, breakfast at 29€. Strong points: The proximity of the metro and the shops, the beautiful swimming pool, the comfortable bed and the amazing view. This is my recommendation for a luxury stay in Old Dubai!
Dubai’s best beach hotels
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Jumeirah Beach, Dubai: Located 300 meters from the beach. Rooms and apartments with sea view from 125€, breakfast at 27€. Strong points: The view, the comfortable beds, the location near the beach and the harbor.
- Amwaj Rotana, Jumeirah Beach – Dubai: Located along “The Walk”. Rooms with balcony overlooking the Gulf and Palm Jumeirah from 175€, breakfast at 24€. Strong points: the exceptional view, the proximity of the tram and metro, restaurants and shops at the foot of the hotel.
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach: Located 150 meters from the beach. Contemporary room with balcony and sea view from 230€, breakfast at 22€. Strong points: the infinity pool, the very good breakfast, the spa, the ideal location to enjoy the sea.
- Grosvenor House Hotel and Apartments: Located on the port promenade. Elegant and bright double room from 290€, breakfast at 42€. Strong points: Comfort, access to the private beach, the quality of the food.
The most beautiful luxury hotels in Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm, Dubai: One of the emblematic hotels of the city, located in Palm Jumeirah. Room from 300€, breakfast from 42€. Strong points: Includes access to Aquaventure Park and The Lost Chambers aquarium, private beach, swimming pools.
- Rixos The Palm Hotel & Suites – Ultra All Inclusive: Also located in Palm Jumeirah, this luxury hotel offers all inclusive rooms (all meals included) from 452€. Strong points: the quality of the meals, the setting, the amazing rooms.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai: Located directly on the beach of JBR Walk. Elegantly furnished rooms with balcony and sea view from 500€ per night, breakfast at 39€. Strong points: 6 swimming pools, a private beach, the spa, the very helpful staff.
- Armani Hotel Dubai: Located in the Burj Khalifa Tower! Rooms decorated by the fashion designer Giorgio Armani, starting at 550€ per night, breakfast at 41€. Strong points: the privilege of sleeping in the Burj Khalifa, the refinement of the place, the view.
- Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah: Located in Palm Jumeirah. Luxury suite with living room and dining room starting at 750€, breakfast included. Strong points: The private beach, the huge swimming pool and the beautiful gardens.
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah: THE luxury hotel, one of the rare 7* hotels in the world! The “smallest” suite is 170m² and prices start at 1290€, breakfast at 74€. I can assure you that your stay in Dubai will be truly exceptional and unforgettable!
Dubai in 5 days with your family
Wondering if it’s a good idea to go to Dubai for 5 days with kids?
The answer is definitely yes!
Thanks to the metro, it’s super easy to get around the city to visit the most famous tourist attractions. And if you prefer taxis, they are everywhere and quite cheap.
Here are the best things to do in Dubai with your family:
- Visit the Souks of Old Dubai, kids will love this colorful place and will enjoy buying a little souvenir from their trip to Dubai!
- Dubai Garden Glow and the dinosaur park located nearby
- Beaches (The Walk and The Beach / La Mer)
- Aquarium and underwater zoo at the Dubai Mall
- Dubai Fountains show
- Visit the Burj Khalifa
- Aquaventure Waterpark of the Atlantis Hotel
- Global Village, a concentration of traditions from all over the world in one place
- A day trip to the Desert
- Amusement parks like the IMG Worlds of Adventure or Dubai Parks and Resorts
- Miracle Garden.
As you can see, most tourist attractions in Dubai are perfect for a family trip!
More ideas of things to do during your 5-day stay in Dubai
This suggested itinerary allows you to see the best attractions Dubai has to offer in 5 days.
And as it’s perfectly optimized, you won’t waste time going back and forth in the city.
However, if you want to change or add activities, you should read my other article about the 30 best places to visit and activities in Dubai. It will for sure help you to finalize your itinerary!
You can read it here: The 30 best things to do in Dubai.
Map of your 5-day itinerary in Dubai
To help you visualize your daily itineraries during your 5 days in Dubai, I have created this map with all the places to visit day by day. You can view the legend of the map by clicking on the top left button, the one with a little arrow.
You can thus see the suggested itineraries for each day.
You need help to plan your 5 days trip to Dubai? Don’t hesitate to ask me in the comment section located below, I will be glad to help you plan your 5-day itinerary.
Flight prices to Dubai
As always, you should book your plane tickets as early as possible to get the best prices.
To check the rates and schedules for flights to Dubai, you can use our flight comparator, in partnership with Skyscanner:
🚗 Rent a car
🗽 Book entrance tickets and guided visits
🏄 Book your sports activities
🚤 Book your rental boat
🌍 Take a travel insurance
🙎 Book a tour
🚅 Book your train tickets
✈️ Book your flight
You’re traveling to Dubai? These articles will help you !
Discover all my articles about Dubai: All my articles to help you plan your trip to Dubai are listed there.