Visiting the Dubai Mall: Best things to do + Activities + Where to stay
You’re traveling to Dubai and you’re looking for more information about the iconic Dubai Mall?
You’re at the right place!
As the world’s largest shopping mall, the Dubai Mall is a must-visit destination for travelers of all age.
In order to help you plan your visit, I will tell you everything about the best things to do and activities you can enjoy at the Dubai Mall. And at the end of this guide, you will find my selection of the best hotels in Dubai, depending on your budget.
Let’s plan your visit!
- Visiting the Dubai Mall: Best things to do + Activities + Where to stay
- You’re traveling to Dubai? These articles will help you !
Shopping and eating in Dubai Mall
Of course, the Dubai Mall is the perfect place for a bit of shopping!
You can start your day at the Dubai Mall by checking out its impressive selection of stores and restaurants. With over 1,200 retail outlets, you’ll find everything from luxury fashion to electronics, jewelry to home decor, and much more.
There are also plenty of cafes and restaurants, so you can take a break, have a drink or a meal while you shop. It ranges from the fast food of the food court to luxury restaurants, so you will be spoilt for choice!
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
You wanna take a break from shopping?
You should thus check out the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, located inside the Dubai Mall (at level 1).
This aquarium is home to over 33,000 aquatic animals and features a 48-meter walk-through tunnel where you can get up close and personal with some of the sea’s most fascinating creatures, including sharks!
As one of Dubai’s top attraction, Dubai aquarium is always pretty busy, so make sure to purchase your tickets in advance online.
There are 2 types of tickets for the aquarium (click on the links to book):
- The classic: Aquarium + Underwater Zoo ticket
- A combined ticket: Aquarium + Underwater Zoo + Burj Khalifa – Certainly the most interesting for you, as you will probably visit the Burj Khalifa during your stay in Dubai!
The aquarium and underwater zoo is included in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
You can read more about the Dubai Aquarium in my dedicated article: How to visit Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo?
Dubai Fountain Show
When you’re done exploring inside of the mall, you can take a stroll outside to discover the Dubai Fountain.
This mesmerizing display of lights and music is one of Dubai’s must-see attractions and is sure to leave you in awe.
The fountain show takes place several times a day on the artificial lake located at the exit of Dubai Mall, at the foot of Burj Khalifa.
You must attend it during your trip to Dubai!
The best is to go there at nightfall, when the tower is illuminated. It’s simply magical to watch the ballet of water jets dancing to music.
The show takes place every 30 minutes between 18.00 and 23.00 (there are also a few during the day).
The access is free of charge.
Quick tip: As it’s super touristy, plan to get there a bit early to secure a good spot to enjoy the show!
If you want to admire the sound and light show up close, then you should take an abra (traditional boat) on the artificial lake. You need to click here to book your tickets.
As the entrance to the Burj Khalifa, the tallest skyscraper in the world, is located in the Dubai Mall, you will very probably visit the tower on the same day as the Dubai Mall.
To visit the Burj Khalifa, you should really book your skip the line ticket online in advance.
This will allow you to choose your visit time slot and avoid the long waiting lines to buy your tickets.
Another important advantage is that tickets are cheaper online than directly at the counter. And that’s the same for all the activities you can do in Dubai!
There are different types of tickets available (click on the orange link for information and to book):
- Ticket At The Top Burj Khalifa – Access to 124th and 125th floors.
- Ticket VIP At The Top Sky – Access to the 148th floor of Burj Khalifa + 124 and 125 floors + quick access to the security checkpoints and elevator.
- Ticket The Lounge – Access to floor 152 + 153 + 154, the lounge bar of the Burj Khalifa
- Ascent to the 124th floor + lunch or dinner at the Burj Club restaurant.
And if you want to visit both the Aquarium and Burj Khalifa, you should buy the following ticket to save money:
Access to Burj Khalifa is included in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
Visiting Dubai Mall with kids
You’re traveling with kids?
The Dubai Mall will for sure keep them entertained!
From Kidzania theme park to the Reel Cinemas, there’s something for every age group. The SEGA Republic gaming zone is also sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Of course, no family trip to the Dubai Mall is complete without a visit to the Dubai Ice Rink. You can spend hours here perfecting your ice skating skills or just having fun with friends.
My best tips to visit the Dubai Mall
If you’re looking to maximize your experience at the Dubai Mall, here are my 3 best tips that you should keep in mind:
- Make sure to check out the mall’s website before you go. Here, you can find out which stores are offering special discounts and promotions, so you can save big on your shopping.
- It’s best to visit the mall early in the morning, when it’s not as crowded. This will give you the chance to explore the mall at your own pace and avoid the long queues at the checkouts.
- Make sure to take advantage of the mall’s concierge services. From arranging transportation to booking restaurant reservations, the concierge staff can help make your visit to the Dubai Mall as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
With its impressive selection of stores, restaurants, attractions, and entertainment, you can easily spend a day here and still not see it all. So, make sure to save some time for the Dubai Mall during your trip to Dubai!
Where to Stay in Dubai to visit the Dubai Mall?
There are hundreds of hotels in Dubai, and choosing the best for your stay can be a bit complicated.
In order to help you out, I have selected for you the best hotels in Dubai for each district, depending on your budget. I have also made a special list of the most beautiful luxury hotels in Dubai.
As always, to get the best prices, you should book your hotel as early as possible!
The best hotels in Downtown Dubai (near the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa)
- DoubleTree of Hilton Dubai – Business Bay: Located 1.5 km from Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. Very spacious and comfortable room, well decorated and equipped from 110€ per night, breakfast included. Strong points: free shuttle to the Dubai Mall, good breakfast, comfort, tranquility. This my favorite hotel in Dubai for its exceptional value for money!
- Rove Downtown: Only 600 meters from the Dubai Mall. Bright and clean double room with view on Burj Khalifa, from 150€, breakfast for 15€. Strong points: Access to the Dubai Mall on foot, helpful staff, free shuttle service to the beach, Dubai Museum or Madinat Souk.
- Taj Dubai: Located 800 meters from Burj Khalifa. Modern and luxurious room with bay window overlooking the city and marble bathroom starting at 220€ per night, breakfast at 32€. Strong points: The magnificent view from the roof, the Indian decoration, the large swimming pool. An excellent hotel in Dubai city center, perfect for a romantic stay!
- Palace Downtown: Located on the lake at the foot of the Burj Khalifa, this 5-star hotel offers magnificent rooms with balcony, with an exceptional view of the Burj Khalifa. From 380€ per night, breakfast at 39€. Strong points: the exceptional location, the beautiful surroundings, the very attentive and helpful staff. This is my recommendation for a luxury stay in Downtown Dubai!
The best hotels in old Dubai (Deira and Bur Dubai)
- Golden Sands Hotel Apartments: Located in Bur Dubai, 1.5 km from the Dubai Museum. Apartment equipped with kitchenette and washing machine, from 80€ per night, breakfast from 11€. Strong points: Cleanliness, the heated swimming pool, the comfortable apartments
- Swissôtel Al Ghurair Dubai: Located in Deira district. Warm and spacious room from 115€, breakfast at 27€. Strong points: the pleasant staff, the view, the good breakfast. It’s my favourite in Old Dubai for its excellent value for money!
- Hyatt Regency Creek Heights Residences: Located next to Creekside Park. Very spacious, super comfortable and very well equipped rooms starting at 130€ per night, breakfast at 33€. Strong points: 5 minutes walk from the metro, the warm welcome, the quiet location, the spa.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek: 5* hotel located in Deira bay. Double room with balcony overlooking the bay from 150€, breakfast at 29€. Strong points: The proximity of the metro and the shops, the beautiful swimming pool, the comfortable bed and the amazing view. This is my recommendation for a luxury stay in Old Dubai!
Dubai’s best beach hotels
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Jumeirah Beach, Dubai: Located 300 meters from the beach. Rooms and apartments with sea view from 125€, breakfast at 27€. Strong points: The view, the comfortable beds, the location near the beach and the harbor.
- Amwaj Rotana, Jumeirah Beach – Dubai: Located along “The Walk”. Rooms with balcony overlooking the Gulf and Palm Jumeirah from 175€, breakfast at 24€. Strong points: the exceptional view, the proximity of the tram and metro, restaurants and shops at the foot of the hotel.
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach: Located 150 meters from the beach. Contemporary room with balcony and sea view from 230€, breakfast at 22€. Strong points: the infinity pool, the very good breakfast, the spa, the ideal location to enjoy the sea.
- Grosvenor House Hotel and Apartments: Located on the port promenade. Elegant and bright double room from 290€, breakfast at 42€. Strong points: Comfort, access to the private beach, the quality of the food.
The most beautiful luxury hotels in Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm, Dubai: One of the emblematic hotels of the city, located in Palm Jumeirah. Room from 300€, breakfast from 42€. Strong points: Includes access to Aquaventure Park and The Lost Chambers aquarium, private beach, swimming pools.
- Rixos The Palm Hotel & Suites – Ultra All Inclusive: Also located in Palm Jumeirah, this luxury hotel offers all inclusive rooms (all meals included) from 452€. Strong points: the quality of the meals, the setting, the amazing rooms.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai: Located directly on the beach of JBR Walk. Elegantly furnished rooms with balcony and sea view from 500€ per night, breakfast at 39€. Strong points: 6 swimming pools, a private beach, the spa, the very helpful staff.
- Armani Hotel Dubai: Located in the Burj Khalifa Tower! Rooms decorated by the fashion designer Giorgio Armani, starting at 550€ per night, breakfast at 41€. Strong points: the privilege of sleeping in the Burj Khalifa, the refinement of the place, the view.
- Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah: Located in Palm Jumeirah. Luxury suite with living room and dining room starting at 750€, breakfast included. Strong points: The private beach, the huge swimming pool and the beautiful gardens.
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah: THE luxury hotel, one of the rare 7* hotels in the world! The “smallest” suite is 170m² and prices start at 1290€, breakfast at 74€. I can assure you that your stay in Dubai will be truly exceptional and unforgettable!
Address of the Dubai Mall
Here is the exact address of the Dubai Mall:
The Dubai Mall
Off 1st Interchange – Sheikh Zayed Road
🚗 Rent a car
🗽 Book entrance tickets and guided visits
🏄 Book your sports activities
🚤 Book your rental boat
🌍 Take a travel insurance
🙎 Book a tour
🚅 Book your train tickets
✈️ Book your flight
You’re traveling to Dubai? These articles will help you !
Discover all my articles about Dubai: All my articles to help you plan your trip to Dubai are listed there.
- Dubai: The 30 best places to visit – All best things to do and activities!
- 2 days in Dubai – The perfect itinerary for 48h!
- 3 Days in Dubai – The best 72h itinerary
- 4 Days in Dubai – The defitinive guide to plan your trip
- 5 Days in Dubai – How to spend 5 days in Dubai
- 1 Week in Dubai – The best itinerary to visit Dubai in 7 days!
- Burj Khalifa: The definitive guide to all tickets + Tips
- Dubai Aquarium: discover one of Dubai’s must see attraction
- Dubai Mall: How to plan your visit of this huge shopping center!
- Dubai Old Town: 10 best things to do
- Dubai Fountain Show: all my tips to enjoy it to the fullest!
- Palm Jumeirah: the 15 best things to do!
- TOP Activities in Dubai – The 30 best activities and excursions to do in Dubai!
- Dubai Zipline – Price, info and reservations for the best experience in town!
- The best desert safaris in Dubai – my 7 favorites! (4WD, quad, buggy and more)
- Where to stay in Dubai? The guide to the best hotels by district, for all budgets
- Dubai Pass: The best way to save time and money in Dubai!