Where to Stay in Santorini: My Selection of the Best Accommodations
You’re planning to visit Santorini during your next trip and you’re wondering where to stay?
You’re at the right place!
As I know Santorini very well, I’ve prepared for you a selection of the best accommodations in Santorini, sorted by location and for all budgets.
Whether you’re looking for a hotel in Fira or Oia (the main towns), or something a bit further away from the crowds, you’ll find what you’re looking for in this article.
For each area, I will also tell you more about the best things to do and places to visit.
With my recommendations, you can book the perfect hotel in Santorini and ensure an unforgettable trip!
And at the end of this article, you will also find my selection of budget hotels in Santorini as well as my list of the best places to stay in Santorini if you’re travelling as a family.
So, where to stay in Santorini as a tourist?
Let’s find out!
- Where to Stay in Santorini: My Selection of the Best Accommodations
- In the Village of Oia – Northwest of Santorini
- In the village of Fira – the heart of Santorini
- Towards Kamari and Perissa – on the East Coast of Santorini
- Towards Akrotiri – in the South of Santorini
- Where to Stay in Santorini on a Budget
- Where to Stay in Santorini with Family
- What is the Best Hotel in Santorini?
- Where to Stay in Santorini: A Summary Table of the Best Hotels
- My Tips for Visiting Santorini and the Cyclades
- You’re traveling to Greece ? These articles will help you !
In the Village of Oia – Northwest of Santorini
Oia is the most famous village and certainly the most visited in Santorini. Even if the name doesn’t ring a bell, it’s the village featured in most of Santorini’s postcards.
Located on the edge of the caldera, it’s here that you can admire the white houses or churches with blue domes. Oia is also known for its magnificent views over the sea that you’ll never grow tired of admiring and photographing at every street corner.
But Oia is especially the place where you can enjoy a breathtaking sunset. Every evening, thousands of people gather to watch Santorini’s most famous spectacle.
If you’re looking for the most picturesque village to stay in Santorini, this is the best spot!
I recommend staying in this village in Santorini:
- If you wish to be at the heart of the island’s most beautiful village
- If you want to enjoy a dreamy stay in one of the most beautiful hotels with a pool and caldera view
- If you like a lively atmosphere
- If budget isn’t an issue for you or you really want to treat yourself to a romantic weekend in Santorini
Where to Stay in Oia, Santorini?
Aethrio Apart Hotel – starting from 160€
This hotel is located in the heart of Oia village, just a few meters from the main square and 50 meters from the caldera.
The establishment offers rooms, studios or apartments that can accommodate up to 4 people. It’s an excellent choice if you’re wondering where to stay in Santorini with family or friends.
All accommodations are very spacious, clean and have a balcony.
For relaxation, there’s an outdoor pool and a rooftop terrace that offers an exceptional view of the sunset.
Add to that an attentive staff and a super breakfast, and you’ll get the hotel in Oia with one of the best quality-price ratios. Hard to find cheaper given its location!
It’s the best choice for an affordable (yet not too cheap) stay in Santorini, in the most sought-after village! Remember to book in advance!
Caldera Premium Villas – starting from 290€
The hotel is situated on the cliffside, just a 2-minute walk from the restaurants and shops of Oia.
You’ll stay in cozy rooms, studios or cave suites, all well-decorated and very comfortable. Each offers a view of the Aegean Sea and the caldera. Some even feature a private jacuzzi.
Caldera Premium Villas also has a pool with a sun terrace equipped with loungers, perfect for enjoying the view and taking a dip.
Theodora Suites – starting from 350€
The hotel boasts an excellent location, just a few minutes’ walk from the best restaurants and very close to Oia’s downtown area.
Theodora’s suites are simply decorated in Cycladic style and very elegant. They all feature a private terrace with loungers and either an indoor or outdoor jacuzzi.
Most suites are arranged in such a way that you can enjoy a fabulous view of the sunset every evening, without having to leave your suite. A romantic evening in the jacuzzi with a nice glass of wine is on the agenda.
It’s the ideal place to stay for a romantic getaway in Santorini!
Andronis Boutique Hotel – starting from 800€
This 5-star hotel in Santorini boasts an ideal location in the center of Oia and the setting is simply idyllic.
The suites are decorated in a minimalist and classy fashion, true to the traditional Greek style. You can enjoy your private balcony with a sea view for relaxation and also your private jacuzzi. Every detail is designed for your pleasure, you’ll even be asked your preferences for pillows or soaps!
Andronis also has a lovely outdoor pool.
This luxury hotel offers various quality services, including a Spa and an excellent organic restaurant that reinterprets traditional recipes. Upon request, the reception staff will be delighted to organize a cooking class or a private candlelit dinner on your terrace!
It’s the perfect 5-star hotel to stay in Santorini for your honeymoon or a luxurious romantic getaway!
Katikies Hotel – The Leading Hotels of the World – from 1,000€
If you’re looking to enjoy an incredible stay in Santorini at one of the island’s most beautiful hotels, you should definitely book your stay at Katikies Hotel.
This five-star hotel is part of the luxury “Leading Hotels of the World” chain, a mark of quality and unique services.
Perched 90 meters above sea level and built on the edge of the caldera, the establishment offers breathtakingly bright suites. Some feature their own outdoor jacuzzi.
In the morning, you can enjoy an excellent breakfast that even includes champagne, served right on your terrace.
For relaxation, you can take advantage of not one but two infinity pools, which offer a magnificent view of Santorini.
Definitely the best luxury hotel in Oia for your stay in Santorini!
In the village of Fira – the heart of Santorini
Just after Oia, Fira is the second most famous village and also an excellent choice for accommodation in Santorini.
Fira is the island’s capital. Here, you’ll of course find the iconic white and blue houses and stunning viewpoints, that have made Santorini famous worldwide.
From Fira, a beautiful walk along the caldera leads to Firostefani in just 10 minutes on foot, and Imerovigli in only 30 minutes. It would be a shame to miss out, as once you reach Imerovigli, you’ll find yourself at the highest point of the caldera.
From there, you can also hike to Oia, enjoying a beautiful trek.
The village of Fira is the perfect place to stay in Santorini:
- As a starting point to visit the entire island due to its central location
- If you want to enjoy the nightlife: Fira has the widest selection of bars and nightclubs in Santorini
- If you’re looking to stay in luxury accommodations but slightly less expensive than in Oia
Where to stay in Fira, on the island of Santorini?
Galatia Villas – from 80€
Galatia Villas welcomes you just 10 minutes walk from the bustling center of Fira.
Its location is ideal if you’re seeking a quiet place that’s still close to everything.
It offers various types of accommodations ranging from double rooms, studios, and apartments that can accommodate up to 4 people. The decor is warm, and they are comfortable. Some of them have a balcony.
In terms of amenities, you’ll have access to a jacuzzi and an outdoor pool.
If you want a budget-friendly hotel for your 3 or 4-day stay in Santorini, Galatia Villas is the best choice!
Staying in Fira, a highly sought-after village in Santorini, for less than 100€ is an opportunity you shouldn’t pass up. And I strongly recommend that you book as early as possible!
Tataki Hotel – from 120€
This hotel is located in the center of Fira, starting point for the lively streets where you can go out in the evening.
You will stay in comfortable modern rooms, some featuring a jacuzzi. The hotel is simple (no pool) but very well situated and the owner is also very friendly.
For me, it’s one of the best value accommodations in the heart of Fira.
Lilium Santorini Villas – from 315€
This five-star hotel is perched on the caldera, a 5-minute drive from Fira. If you haven’t rented a car, no problem, you can benefit from a complimentary shuttle service to Fira provided by the hotel.
Recently renovated, the accommodations, be it rooms or suites, are all well-furnished and modern, styled with a clean and sleek look. The view of the volcano and the Aegean Sea is exceptional.
This luxury hotel in Santorini, Greece, also boasts an infinity pool and a spa, ideal for a rejuvenating stay.
In the evening, I recommend you dine at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves excellent dishes that are only marginally more expensive than many tourist-trap restaurants in the area.
Cosmopolitan Suites – Small Luxury Hotels of the World – from 550€
Situated at the heart of Fira, on the cliffside, the Cosmopolitan hotel allows guests to marvel at one of the most beautiful sea views and the caldera.
From the infinity pool, you are guaranteed to witness the stunning spectacle of the island’s sunset in Santorini.
The hotel offers only 10 rooms with exquisite and elegant decor, perfect for ensuring some peace and an intimate atmosphere. Another reason to make your reservation as early as possible!
Aria Suites – from 700€
This establishment is a truly upscale hotel. It’s located in the heart of Fira and on the edge of the caldera.
It provides only six fully-equipped luxury suites. You’ll even find a CD/DVD player and a laptop. You can enjoy the view from your private terrace and unwind in the jacuzzi.
The breakfast, delicious, hearty and varied, will also be served to you every morning.
You can also indulge by booking a massage or spa treatments and organizing a superb candle-lit dinner in your suite for your significant other!
For me, it’s one of the most beautiful luxury hotels to stay in Santorini.
Towards Kamari and Perissa – on the East Coast of Santorini
The villages of Kamari and Perissa are located on the east side of Santorini, just below the airport. They are separated by the archaeological site of Ancient Thera.
Unlike Oia and Fira, they are less characteristic and resemble more of seaside resorts. You’ll also find quite a few bars and nightclubs, catering to a younger crowd with lively evenings.
Both Kamari and Perissa boast the distinctive feature of having long stretches of black sand beaches, of volcanic origin. So, if you’re looking to stay close to the beach or want a seaside accommodation in Santorini, I recommend staying here.
Also, the lodging is usually more affordable than in the western and central areas of Santorini.
Here’s my selection of the best hotels to stay at on the East Coast of Santorini
Hippocampus Hotel – starting from 85€
The hotel is just 50 meters from Kamari beach.
The accommodations are modern and simply decorated, with light wood furniture.
Moreover, the Hippocampus features a swimming pool that’s larger than average for Santorini.
Add in a great breakfast and helpful, welcoming staff, and you get one of the best value-for-money beachside stays in Santorini!
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, the hotel also has a free private parking, which is super convenient if you’ve rented a car to explore Santorini. Not many establishments offer this, so it could be a deciding factor for your accommodation booking.
Meltemi Village Hotel – starting from 100€
The Meltemi is located about 350 meters from Perissa’s black sand beach and close to restaurants and bars for evening outings.
It boasts a large infinity pool surrounded by palm trees, offering a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.
The hotel offers double rooms and suites. The latter, recently constructed, all come with a private jacuzzi and a terrace. This more upscale part of the hotel also has another lovely pool.
Makris Beach Hotel – starting from 160€
Overlooking Kamari beach, the hotel offers double rooms, studios, or apartments that can host up to 5 people.
The design is sophisticated, with a lot of wood and wicker, creating a very natural vibe. The accommodations are comfortable and pleasant, all with views of the garden or the sea.
While there’s no pool, you’ll be only a few meters from the beach!
If you’re wondering where to stay in Santorini by the sea, Makris is an excellent choice!
Anastasia Princess Luxury Hotel & Suites – starting from 220€
This establishment is located in Perissa, close to the black sand beach.
It is adults-only, perfect if you’re seeking tranquility and want to avoid children’s screams by the pool. The hotel has studios, apartments, and very nice suites with jacuzzis or private plunge pools.
All units are spacious and well-equipped, with kitchenettes, patios or balconies and outdoor furniture to enjoy. Concerning the interior design, everything is very cozy and warm—less stark than the usual Cycladic style.
Santorini Kastelli Resort – starting from 350€
This five-star hotel is located right next to Kamari beach.
The resort features 2 swimming pools and a Spa with a sauna and Jacuzzi. Sports enthusiasts will also appreciate the tennis court and gym.
The rooms and suites are warm, elegant, and bright, and come with a balcony or terrace overlooking the gardens or the pool.
And a positive note for the staff who are really warm and friendly.
It’s the finest luxury hotel for a seaside stay in Santorini.
Towards Akrotiri – in the South of Santorini
Akrotiri is located in the south of Santorini.
This part of the island is known for the archaeological site of Akrotiri and especially for Red Beach. This beach is one of the most famous for the color of its ocher cliffs and red sand. The access is on foot only, through a trail in less than 10 minutes.
The village itself is pleasant, though, like the others, it doesn’t necessarily have those postcard-typical houses.
It’s a great place to stay in Santorini if you want to avoid the most touristy areas.
Where should you stay in Akrotiri, on the island of Santorini?
Villa Galinia – starting from 95€
Located in the village of Akrotiri, only 2.5 km from Red Beach. You can reach Fira by car in 20 minutes.
The property has a very beautiful and peaceful location with views of Santorini and the volcano.
The rooms are modern and comfortable with a sea and caldera view balcony. Some also have an indoor jacuzzi.
For dinner, do not hesitate to try the hotel’s restaurant. The Greek cuisine is really good there.
Kokkinos Villas – Starting from 130€
The hotel is located in a fantastic location with direct views of Santorini’s caldera, and only 150 meters from the beach.
The rooms are spacious, modern, and well-equipped. It’s a peaceful and relaxing place.
Kokkinos Villas also features a swimming pool and private parking.
Its value for money is almost unbeatable! Book as early as possible to take advantage of the best rate!
Apanemo Hotel & Suites – Starting from 190€
Built facing the caldera and the volcano with views over the Aegean Sea, this hotel’s location is really fantastic and the view is incredible.
Recently renovated, the rooms are modern and spacious with all offering views of the sea and the caldera.
After a busy day of sightseeing, you can cool off in the swimming pool and relax enjoying the peace and the scenery.
The establishment also offers a complimentary shuttle service to take you to the village of Akrotiri.
Another plus for the Apanemo: a very comprehensive breakfast, both savory and sweet, with fresh orange juice every morning! And I can assure you that it’s quite rare during a trip to Greece!
Where to Stay in Santorini on a Budget
As you may have noticed, accommodation prices in Santorini are quite high, especially in the most famous villages of Oia and Fira. But luckily, with a bit of searching, you can still find a few places to stay in Santorini on a budget.
Here is my selection of the best budget-friendly hotels in Santorini:
- Alisaxni Resort: Located in the village of Akrotiri, offering panoramic views of the caldera. Simple but clean double rooms with sea views starting from only 50€! And for that price, you even get access to a swimming pool and a hearty homemade breakfast. The best budget accommodation in Santorini.
- Lefeteris Traditional Rooms: This hotel is located near the center of Fira. The rooms are simple but comfortable and clean. From 50€. Yes, you read that right, 50€ to stay in Fira, the most visited village in Santorini where prices are among the highest on the island. Sure, you won’t get caldera views or a swimming pool, but you’ll be in the heart of Santorini!
- Marousi Rooms: Located 100 meters from Perissa beach, right next to restaurants and the bus stop. Double rooms from 50€. A quiet place with a beautiful view of the mountains.
- Villa Kostas: Only 100 meters from Perissa beach. Double rooms with private balconies and comfortable bedding from 60€ per night. A good choice for beachside budget accommodation in Santorini!
- Memories Beach Hotel: Located next to Monolithos beach. Comfortable and modern rooms from 65€ per night, breakfast included. Strong points: the pool, tranquility, lovely staff. One of the most affordable accommodations in Santorini!
- Rose Suites: Located in Vourvoulos, 4 km from Fira. Very well-equipped and tastefully decorated studios and apartments with kitchenette and private terrace from 75€ per night. Strong points: the pool, tranquility, facilities, decor, fridge filled with everything needed for breakfast. Our favorite for its price-performance ratio! An excellent hotel to stay in Santorini on a budget.
Where to Stay in Santorini with Family
- Bluelife: Located in Perissa, the hotel offers studios and apartments with kitchenettes from 70€ per night for 4 people. There is also a swimming pool, great for kids. An excellent place for a family stay in Santorini.
- Stelios Place: This hotel is also located in Perissa and offers triple or quadruple rooms from 100€. The beach is only 50 meters away and there’s also a swimming pool. A good place to stay with family in Santorini.
- Acrothea Suites and Villas: Located in Akrotiri, 300 meters from the beach. You’ll stay in very modern and stylish apartments with a kitchenette and microwave. Breakfast will be served on your terrace every morning. From 170€. Another great choice for family accommodation in Santorini.
- Suite Home Santorini: Just a 5-minute walk from the center of Fira. Your entire family will be welcomed in a stunning villa with 1 or 2 bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, living area, and a terrace with sea or garden views. Some also have a hot tub. From 330€. This is my top recommendation if you’re looking for luxurious family accommodation in Santorini.
What is the Best Hotel in Santorini?
Given their location, magnificent pools with views of the caldera, and the quality of their services, they are the best luxury hotels in Santorini.
Where to Stay in Santorini: A Summary Table of the Best Hotels
To give you a better idea of where to stay in Santorini, whether in the best-known villages or elsewhere, I’ve prepared a table summarizing all the hotels I’ve mentioned in this article. You can sort them by price or by village!
|Aethrio Appar't Hotel
|Caldera Premium Villas
|Andronis Boutique Hotel
|Lilium Santorini Villas
|Kamari et Perissa
|Meltemi Village Hotel
|Kamari et Perissa
|Makris Beach Hotel
|Kamari et Perissa
|Anastasia Princess Luxury Hotel & Suites
|Kamari et Perissa
|Santorini Kastelli Resort
|Kamari et Perissa
|Apanemo Hotel & Suites
|Lefeteris Traditional Rooms
|Memories Beach Hotel
|Acrothea Suites and Villas
|Suite Home Santorini
And you, where do you plan to stay during your trip to Santorini?
My Tips for Visiting Santorini and the Cyclades
Knowing where to stay in Santorini is one thing, but it’s also important to know the island well to fully enjoy your stay!
So, I’ve prepared an amazing guide to Santorini, with all my best tips.
You can read it here: The 17 Best Things to do in Santorini.
🚗 Rent a car
🗽 Book entrance tickets and guided visits
🏄 Book your sports activities
🚤 Book your rental boat
🌍 Take a travel insurance
🙎 Book a tour
⛴️ Book your ferry tickets in Greece
🚅 Book your train tickets
✈️ Book your flight
Greece travel guides
- Buy the Lonely Planet Greece guide on Amazon.com or on Amazon.co.uk
- Buy the DK Eyewitness Greece guide on Amazon.com or on Amazon.co.uk
You’re traveling to Greece ? These articles will help you !
Discover all my articles about Greece: All my articles to help you plan your trip to Greece are listed there.
- The 20 Best Things to do in Greece – The Ultimate Bucket list!
- The 15 Best Things to do in Peloponnese – All the must-see attractions
- Itinerary: 4-5 days in Greece – The perfect itinerary for a short stay in Greece
- Itinerary: 1 week in Greece – The best Itinerary to visit Athens + Santorini!
- Itinerary: 6, 7 or 8 days in Greece – The definitive guide to visit Athens + Peloponnese in a week
- Itinerary: 10 days in Greece – The definitive guide to visit Central Greece in 9-10 days
- Itinerary: 2 weeks in Greece – The best Itinerary to visit Athens + Central Greece + Cyclades (Santorini)
- Itinerary: 3 weeks in Greece – The best Itinerary to visit Athens + Central Greece + even more Cyclades islands!
- Itinerary: 1 month in Greece – The definitive guide to visit Greece in a month!
- Road trip in Greece – The best itineraries for 5, 7, 10, 15, 21 and 30 days.
Cyclades (Greek islands)
- The 15 Best Cyclades Islands to visit – With all the must-see attractions
- Itinerary: 1 week in Greek islands – How to visit the Cyclades in 6, 7 or 8 days
- Itinerary: 10 days in Greek islands – The definitive guide to visit the Cyclades in 10 days!
- Itinerary: Greek Island Hopping routes – The best 2 weeks itinerary to visit the Cyclades
- Amorgos: The 8 best places to see
- Andros: The 7 must-see attractions and activities
- Naxos: Top 10 things to do
- Paros: The 10 best places to visit
- Tinos: The 10 best things to do